Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant get pics off cf card

• 01-03-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

how do folks? i took some pics earlier and when i try to get them on to my laptop it all goes wrong. the cf card has 8 pics that are jpeg and about 35 that are raw. the card reader only seems to want to recognise the jpeg pics. i can get thumbnail views of the raw files but i cant view them any bigger. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 riskydisco

I'm guessing that you don't have any software on the computer that's capable of reading raw files. You should install photoshop, CorelDraw, picasa or any other software able to deal with raw files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ok, first things first, never ever run files off of an external device, be it photos on a memory card or word documents on a usb stick. You're just asking for corrupt files otherwise. Drag them to your hard drive, then manipulate to your heart's content.

Anyway, you need a program that can read the Raw files. Your camera might have gotten something like this with it. Any discs in the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

I'll have a stab at this one without knowing what operating system you have.

Rather than using any programme to copy the files to your pc use windows explorer or "my computer" to open up the cf card as if it was a usb pen-drive or hard disk and copy the files you want accross.

The reason you can view larger versions of the raw files might be because your operating system can't open them itself, I think windows vista can while windows xp can't. You might need another programme like irfanview or photoshop or maybe piccassa to view them?

edit: jaysus two people posted in the time it took me to type ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

ok, thanks folks. i'll play around with whats been advised here and see how i get on. shermans, panzers, tigers (tanks)

Advertisement