Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brick BBQ

• 01-03-2009 11:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on having a bash at building a bbq in the garden.Ive seen the grill kit in argos and its a matter of building the structure.
    Does anybody know where's the best place to source the bricks(red preferably) and how many i'd need for a small barby?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

was looking at doing something similar..roadstone have a decent selection of bricks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

are there any kits you can buy which include the bricks and bbq all in one ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you can get the bricks in chadwicks in glasnevin industrial estate or heatons on santry avenue.

we looked into this ourselves, homebase in Gullivers industrial estate have the self build pack for 40e.

you will need about hundred or 50 bricks - cant remember:o

but it is all listed on the instructions with the back - it has an oven warmer thingy as well.

my brother built his from this pack.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Missed out on the aldi one so going to build my own now :)

Any do's and don't's from those who built?

If anyone spots any site with a good idea of how to do it I would appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'll be building one in a month or so (have the minor matter of an attic conversion, extension and paths to get through first).

I'll let ye know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 chriscross1

ganlys athlone, you will need 50/60 bricks roughly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My neighbour done this it was his first outing with "the bricky". Its the bee's knees. I would have got mine done only I need to be able to move my barbie.

What he done was he had left an area in the centre of his decking for the brick. Like I say it lookds brilliant.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

My neighbour done this it was his first outing with "the bricky". Its the bee's knees. I would have got mine done only I need to be able to move my barbie.

What he done was he had left an area in the centre of his decking for the brick. Like I say it lookds brilliant.

any pics of it :)

Can't get any good ideas for them. I wonder do u need to use fire brick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

yop wrote: »
    any pics of it :)

Can't get any good ideas for them. I wonder do u need to use fire brick

Nahh and he is behind me so i dont want to apear like a stalker and photograph from my side. What impressed me was he had been telling another neighbour that he never laid a block before. So looking at it i have to say its an impressive first time.

Your point is interesting on the fire brick but seen as though you light the fire in the tray I imagine an easier solution would not be to blaze the fire:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

In the planning stages for a Brick BBQ myself, from what I can tell you only need fire bricks in a situation where the fire is enclosed (like a pizza oven) and will generate a large level of heat. If you are building a BBQ with an open front and or side then the heat won't build up enough to cause a problem.

If anyone knows this is wrong then please let me know before I go ordering the bricks :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement