Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Tattoo advice needed

• 02-03-2009 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've been trying to decide on a back tattoo for ages, and I've finally come up with what I think I would like. I had 2 tattoo's done in my teens, which I had removed with laser, and I still need one or 2 more sessions on the one on my arm for it to be gone completely. The other one was on my back and I am hoping that this new one will cover what is left (very tiny faded purple patch). I've want a fairy tattoo, and I've done a lot of research for it and trying to come up with what I want. I've found this image which I think is beautiful, but I want to see what the experts here think of the idea.

snails_pace200.jpg
    I'm going to replace the little snail with a ladybird or a butterfly. Can you let me know what you think, and if you think it would look good as a tattoo. I will be going to Zulu in Dublin to get it done in a few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Are you gettin it done in full colour like the picture?

You will want to look long and hard at the portfolio of the artists, as you will need them to be both good with colour and character/portrait style work in order to do that picture justice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭xmaslove

Yes I was hoping to get it done in colour. Does anyone know where I can see the artist's portfolio's in Zulu? I've been trying to search on the net but to no avail. I'm wondering if I could email the picture to them would they be able to advise me

What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

xmaslove wrote: »
    Yes I was hoping to get it done in colour. Does anyone know where I can see the artist's portfolio's in Zulu? I've been trying to search on the net but to no avail. I'm wondering if I could email the picture to them would they be able to advise me

What do you think?

Best thing to do would be to drop in to Zulu and have a good look at their portfolios and then a chat with whichever artist you think is best suited to doing this tattoo.
    Here's Jani's portfolio:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=69624705
    When you say back tattoo do you mean a tattoo on your back? (as oppossed to a full backpiece?) The reason I ask is that for a tattoo like this, in order to get a decent amount of detail in there you'd want to go reasonably large. Don't skimp on the size or you'll most likely end up with a rubbish fairy tattoo like 95% of the fairy tats out there, when they're done right they can look great but in the main they're woeful IMO.
    Take a look at www.worldoffroud.com too, even buzz into Easons they should have some of his books. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes I would like it done to scale or larger if it is needed. I want it too look great and I know if it is done smaller it will skimp on the quality of it. I spoke to a girl in Zulu today and I emailed her on the pic and told her what I wanted and she said that she spoke to the lads there and they said it would be fine. I emailed her with some more queries i.e. who will be doing it etc. and I'm awaiting her reply. Yes it will be on my back. Thanks for the links I will check them out now.

I'd recommend that you look through their portfolios and choose the artist that you would like to do it rather than leaving the decision up to the studio, as they will probably just get the artist with the most free time slots to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 theDOOjustDID

hi xmaslove

this is a beautiful picture,:) please choose tatoo artist carefully...
    imo a butterfly would be much better than ladybug as they are quite aggresive little creatures aldo cute and cannibaleistic !!

tatoos should be treated with the utmost respect as your are marking your body permentaly and not to be done by artist you don't like.there are hundreds of very good tatooist take your time to find yours.

how did laser removal work ,cost?

coverups are the best way to go again imo.

best of luck xmaslove
    :)

Hiya,

The laser removal cost roughly €100 per session, and I think I've had around 6 sessions. I still need one or 2 more sessions on the one on my arm but to be honest all is left is a tiny bit of green. The girl I spoke to on the phone gave me the myspace details as well. I'm impressed with Janni's work, I'm wondering if I should request him to do my tattoo?

Hi all,

Well I have it all arranged. Jani is going to be the artist doing my tattoo. I'm excited about it now to be honest, and hoping that it will be as great as I think it will be.

Well here it is I got it done on Sunday and this was taken just afterwards i will post some more pics when its healed

Bit hard to make out the detail in that photo, but looks pretty good alright

• Advertisement

Well I will wait for it to heal, and then i will take some more pics of it and post them

Advertisement