Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Athlone Town Vs. Shamrock Rovers

• 02-03-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭

Game did go ahead today, in very changeable weather conditions. Rovers won 0 - 3.

3319647781_203c9ac786.jpg

3319632143_e733d4b8e2.jpg

3319631615_e269d2aa04.jpg

3319629007_3355a5dc10.jpg

3320449826_ae2a98f5cd.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Very nice images there. I really like the 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Nice shots Ray. Roll on next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

kensutz wrote: »
    Nice shots Ray. Roll on next weekend

Real Football, Real Fans

A0F5E6786B3247F98E63C4CA20ABB36E-800.jpg

Star have the official guide sometime next week, could even be tomorrow
    ( They distributed what appear to be colour laser output copies at the launch so the colours look decidedly weird

85B74E032EEE4F208FD17C3738E0F804-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Thanks guys.

Waiting is almost over. :D

Friday see a trip to Galway for Mervue/Town game, while I might head over to Longford on Saturday night for their game against Monaghan.

Following weekend we have our first home game against Kildare, and I might try and head to the Battle of the Rovers on the Friday night as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Great set Ray really looking forward to it, reckon despite all the crap off the field it will be a good season, I am off to Dundalk on friday!

• Advertisement

whyulittle wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

Waiting is almost over. :D

Friday see a trip to Galway for Mervue/Town game, while I might head over to Longford on Saturday night for their game against Monaghan.

Following weekend we have our first home game against Kildare, and I might try and head to the Battle of the Rovers on the Friday night as well.

Is the battle of the Rovers not on the Saturday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Great photos, thanks for posting. Roll on next weekend. I'm sure we'll see some great football over the next 8 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Great set Ray really looking forward to it, reckon despite all the crap off the field it will be a good season, I am off to Dundalk on friday!

Thanks Dodgy.

Rovers game has been switched to the Friday for TV.
    ksimpson wrote: »
    Great photos, thanks for posting. Roll on next weekend. I'm sure we'll see some great football over the next 8 months.

Hopefully! Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

no Friday the 13th and it's also live on TV

Sheeet had planned to go to Bohs V Derry on friday and Rovers on Saturday, wonder what the lights in Tallaght are going to be like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

First 3 are good shots. Have not been to a League of Ireland game in years, (since I was injured playing G.A.A:p.) Paul McGee was playing for Bohs before he went to Wimbledonand I think Jackie Jameson also played. late 80s?
    What is best ground to go to for photos? I am in North Dublin so could go to Tolka, Dalymount, Santry or United Park in Drogheda. Any hassle gettin in with camera bag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I think, for light, Dalymount is probably the best. Tolka is poor. Santry is fine. Never shot in Drogheda yet, so no idea.

The best ground for photos is the place with the biggest crowd and best action. :D

I'm looking forward to the new season. Not sure what game I might go to this weekend.

Paulw wrote: »
    I think, for light, Dalymount is probably the best. Tolka is poor. Santry is fine. Never shot in Drogheda yet, so no idea.

The best ground for photos is the place with the biggest crowd and best action. :D

I'm looking forward to the new season. Not sure what game I might go to this weekend.

Dalymount, The Cross in Cork and The Brandywell are my faves, all good to shoot in, most grounds will let you in with the camera no hassle, but you have to pay in and dont get to go on the pitch!

Advertisement