Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portrait Shots C&C

• 02-03-2009 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

As part of my personal crusade to improve all aspects of my photography, I bought and recieved some new gear over the last few days. A few umbrellas, a couple of stands, a backdrop and remote radio triggers. Plus a few bits and bobs, including a couple of Rosco Swatch books. Here are some of my first few shots. Two colour and two BWs.

The models are my brother and his wife. C&C always welcome.

73895.jpg

73916.jpg

73896.jpg

73899.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

You should not hae posted the first image first, It is so much better than the rest (not that there is anything wrong with the rest the first is just stunning)

Well done, look forward to seeing more of your work.

BTW what triggers did u get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Nice shots, just get the cropping right on them 2,3rd and 4th could do with some serious cropping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I quite like the first one too. I took that image last Friday. The lighting conditions were much easier to control. The bottom three were taken today in a very bright conservatory plus my brother was a very reluctant model. :rolleyes:

The triggers are Elinchrom EL-Skyport Universal. Quite expensive I know, but I don't mind paying a bit more for stuff if the quality is right. I suppose they're a compromise between a set of Pocketwizards and the EBay triggers that have been mentioned frequently here. I got a transmitter and two recievers. The hot shoe connections are from FlashZabra.com.

Borderfox wrote: »
    Nice shots, just get the cropping right on them 2,3rd and 4th could do with some serious cropping

Lol... I was thinking that after I posted them. Very sloppy. My main concern was getting the bw conversion right. :D

Here again....

73919.jpg

73920.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

They look miles better now with the new crop. Nice pics all round. Well Done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

look great after the crop dude, nice shots.

much better, always step back and take one more look...:)

Thanks for the input guys. I usually do PP on the images and then sleep on it. When I go back to them the next day I get a chance to critque them again, in the cold light of day so to speak.

If I do a job/wedding I dont even look at the pictures till the next day unless they want them asap. Dont let us rush you :)

Well you know yourself. New gear and all that. It's hard not to get stuck in. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement