Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Pre/Mocks Leaving Cert Results thread 2009

Options
  • 02-03-2009 12:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭

Post your results here, preferably in points form, based on the LC points system.

Possibly compare this to your x-mas results, and also to what you hope to get in the real thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

Only gotten Bio back so far, A1 so I guess that's a good start.

Then again it was that piss easy Examcraft Paper so I can't say I worked hard to achieve it. Hoping to get an A1 in the real thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

Only gotten Bio back so far, A1 so I guess that's a good start.

Then again it was that piss easy Examcraft Paper so I can't say I worked hard to achieve it. Hoping to get an A1 in the real thing

:eek::eek::eek:
    Theres somethng fishy about getting an A1 in biology, a course which you would not have even finished.. Did you know what was coming up?:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

:eek::eek::eek:
    Theres somethng fishy about getting an A1 in biology, a course which you would not have even finished.. Did you know what was coming up?:cool::cool:

You dont have to do the entire course............

There is, you know, choice on the paper:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gotabi

i have finished it too, weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

A nice round 80% in chemistry!

Woo 85 points to far! Down a bit from christmas but you know, things can only go up!

Hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

"official", eh? :pac:

I have gotten enough for a full Leaving Cert back, that's to say 6 subjects. I'd have gotten 500 points overall which isn't nearly enough! Still have to get back Irish and German though, and add on my music practical marks which will hopefully pull me up a bit!

I only got 80% in the examcraft mock paper, but apprently the corrector wasn't even a biology teacher, just a corrector who was given a marking scheme and told to mark from that, as there are several answers on my paper that are blatantly right but either marked as wrong or not marked at all =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

So far I've only got two back, English and Biology.
    I got a B2 in English, an exam I was expecting an A2 in, but appparetnly they were marked quite hard, so she's going to go through them.
    And I got a B1 in Biology, the DEB paper. I need an A1 in the real thing, but I'm quite pleased with that.
    Supposed to be getting Irish back tomorrow. She can keep it tbh. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

I think everyone should include levels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i've gotten 3 back so far

maths (o) 80% - happy with that, should easily be able to bring that up to an A for the real thing
    geography (h) 50% - not including the fieldwork, and the highest in the class was 65% so i don't mind too much.
    irish (h) 38%, that is without the oral though, am really annoyed about it, failed paper 2 miserably, need to get my as$ in gear for it now for june

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

All higher level.

French - 67%
    DCG - 88%
    Applied Maths - 80%
    Irish - 48%

Little disappointed with french but going grand otherwise, couldnt give a damm about irish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

got 2 back so far..

maths(H)...48 % i am really depressed o_o didn't think i was that bad =( ? i must have been that bad..omg i couldn't get over it...:(

business(H) 77% ahh, they marked it really hard, i was hoping for an 80 at least....will see what the teacher says tomorrow..

i am gonna get french english home ec and possiblely app maths back tomorrow...oh and possibly accounting ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

All HL, all Examcraft

Maths P1: 89.33% (1 more mark out of 300 would have rounded me up to an A1!). Alas, my P2 did not go as well as the first one so if I could hold on for the B1 I'd be delighted.

Physics: 83% content with it I suppose, I'd be hoping for an A1 come June, but the paper really didn't appeal to me for some reason. I didn't have any choice etc.

Chemistry: 87% again pretty happy, I'd be hoping for an A1 in the summer I think.

Unfortunatley I got my three best subjects back first....it's all downhill from here!

HL Accounting; 86%

2nd highest in class, highest was 89%. I'm up from a bad test of 76% at X-mas. With a bit of work I should get the A1 for leaving. Very happy with it, especially considering I only studied the night before each exam in the pres.

Got my Irish (HL) back, and including everything (Aural and oral) I got 65%, which I'm more than pleased with as I was expecting about 45%. However, my teacher said that my oral will be much better (in a couple of weeks? Eeek!) and the leamhthuiscints and aiste were marked particularly hard. I don't care, I'm just happy to pass!

My maths teacher has had our papers 5 weeks now. There are only 6 of us in the class, and she just keeps telling us she's not finished with them yet. :confused: I reckon she ate them, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Des23 wrote: »
    All HL, all Examcraft

Maths P1: 89.33% (1 more mark out of 300 would have rounded me up to an A1!). Alas, my P2 did not go as well as the first one so if I could hold on for the B1 I'd be delighted.
    You don't get rounded up in the LC. If you get 89.999999% that's still considered an A2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

English 84% B1 Bizarrely ended up with the same mark in both papers

Gaeilge 84% B1 Content. Want an A2 in June

Maths 60% C2 Content considering the paper overall was an absolute disgrace
    in terms of what they demanded per 25 minutes of each
    question. Had to skip bits because questions were too long.

French 87% A2 Again content. Im hoping for this grade in June.

Chemistry 83% B1 Made stupid idiotic mistakes which are uncharacteristic. For
    example I typed the wrong figures into my calculator when I wrote them down correct on the page. I should get an A1 in June.

Biology 84% B1 Anybody notice that 14 (c) of the DEB paper should not be examined as students do different
    enzyme experiments. The marking scheme was very specific in its answers for this question assuming that you did use a catalase enzyme. I thought the questions were examining it as though you knew a superificial treatment of catalase. We used amylase and Id say most of ye would have used it aswell for doing the temp, ph and denaturation experiments.
    So I automatically lost 20 marks ( 5% ) which really I should have gained if an enzyme of your choice was asked.

Geography 86 1/2 % My teacher submitted in the
    biome question on the negatives and POSITIVES.
    ahaha I heard that this caught out a lot of ye. I got 80/80 for it. Some of the short answer questions were diabolical. How do you measure the gradient of a slope. wtf?

EDIT: For God's sake, PLEASE use spoilers when reffering to specific questions, it's really not that difficult!- Piste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

Got a few more back:

English DEB (H) - B2 : Was marked pretty hard and didn't finish PII :pac:
    History Examcraft (H) - C3 : Again marked very harshly but still not too disappointed considering I didn't do the last essay.

Hoping to bump both up to an A in June. Keeping those fingers crossed..

You don't get rounded up in the LC. If you get 89.999999% that's still considered an A2.

Seriously? I didn't know this :(

Honestly didn't know that, doesn't make much sense tbh.

If you got 89% in the LC then the examiner would most likely give you an arbitrary extra mark of "neatness" or whateder. They do round up, they just do it by finding an extra mark.

• Advertisement

JSK 252 wrote: »
    English 84% B1 Bizarrely ended up with the same mark in both papers

Gaeilge 84% B1 Content. Want an A2 in June

Maths 60% C2 Content considering the paper overall was an absolute disgrace
    in terms of what they demanded per 25 minutes of each
    question. Had to skip bits because questions were too long.

French 87% A2 Again content. Im hoping for this grade in June.

Chemistry 83% B1 Made stupid idiotic mistakes which are uncharacteristic. For
    example I typed the wrong figures into my calculator when I wrote them down correct on the page. I should get an A1 in June.

Biology 84% B1 Anybody notice that 14 (c) of the DEB paper should not be examined as students do different enzyme experiments. The marking scheme was very specific in its answers for this question assuming that you did use a catalase enzyme. I thought the questions were examining it as though you knew a superificial treatment of catalase. We used amylase and Id say most of ye would have used it aswell for doing the temp, ph and denaturation experiments. So I automatically lost 20 marks ( 5% ) which really I should have gained if an enzyme of your choice was asked.

Geography 86 1/2 % My teacher submitted in the biome question on the negatives and POSITIVES. ahaha I heard that this caught out a lot of ye. I got 80/80 for it. Some of the short answer questions were diabolical. How do you measure the gradient of a slope. wtf?

What levels are these?

Reilly616 wrote: »
    What levels are these?

Yeah, if all HL congrats thats excellent. Especially doing so well in such a broad range of subjects.

Also the standard of correcting on my chemistry paper was poor I went up about 7%.

One girl in my years OL maths went from 62% to 95%, now thats bad marking!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Des23 wrote: »
    Yeah, if all HL congrats thats excellent. Especially doing so well in such a broad range of subjects.

Also the standard of correcting on my chemistry paper was poor I went up about 7%.

One girl in my years OL maths went from 62% to 95%, now thats bad marking!:eek:

Oh yah they are all higher level.:pac:

Im all rounder as they would say!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Reilly616 wrote: »
    If you got 89% in the LC then the examiner would most likely give you an arbitrary extra mark of "neatness" or whateder. They do round up, they just do it by finding an extra mark.
    It's happened to loads of people I know. One guy got 84.25% and 89.75%. Someone else was 1 mark away from an A1 in their Physics paper last year. It's fairly common.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Chemistry (h) 58
    Physics (h) 58
    Biology (h) 73
    Maths (o) 75
    Irish (h) didnt get it back yet
    French (h) 77
    English (h) P1: 67 P2: didnt get it back yet

It's happened to loads of people I know. One guy got 84.25% and 89.75%. Someone else was 1 mark away from an A1 in their Physics paper last year. It's fairly common.

And many others get rounded up. The markers are your friends. They want you to do well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I've only gotten two so far since we only finished today.

Maths(H - DEB) - 97%. Really happy with this. Paper 2 got me down since I made loads of mistakes and it got really messy. I was really surprised with my Paper 2 result when I got it.

Chemistry(H - DEB) - 94%. Really happy with this too. This paper was really hard and I'm satisfied with what I got. There were some really tough questions thrown all over the place.

I should get an A1 in Biology too. It was very easy. My teacher made her own one though from past mock papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

errr one more to go...haven't got applied maths back yet..
    not even sure if i want it ...:rolleyes: don't even have an ag ec pres..

English 75% (o) 40 pts
    French 53% (H) 55 pts
    Maths 48 % (h) 50pts :(:(:(:(
    Home ec 88% (h) 90pts
    business 77 % (h) 80 pts :(:(
    Accounting 84% 85 pts

only 400 :(
    i mean ok, i didn't work hard...was way too busy with my love life :oi should be better in the real thing..otherwise i am screwed..i am getting none of my options with this pt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Fringe wrote: »
    I've only gotten two so far since we only finished today.

Maths(H - DEB) - 97%. Really happy with this. Paper 2 got me down since I made loads of mistakes and it got really messy. I was really surprised with my Paper 2 result when I got it.

Chemistry(H - DEB) - 94%. Really happy with this too. This paper was really hard and I'm satisfied with what I got. There were some really tough questions thrown all over the place.

I should get an A1 in Biology too. It was very easy. My teacher made her own one though from past mock papers.

Wooooaaahhh....97 in HL maths?? and paper 2 brought you down?? Wow well done, i think id be happy with half that for the mocks!! :D So if your only finished today, how long did it take those first 2 to come back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Wooooaaahhh....97 in HL maths?? and paper 2 brought you down?? Wow well done, i think id be happy with half that for the mocks!! :D So if your only finished today, how long did it take those first 2 to come back?

You bet me to it. Jesus Christ, 97%, that's incredible. I'm usually fairly good at Maths, but I'd be happy weith a pass for what I did in the mocks.

Bloody hell, congrats, I mean it.

Advertisement