Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Pre/Mocks Leaving Cert Results thread 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Mock results don't matter that much imo. You don't want to peak too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Only biology came in today. Got 63% (HL, DEB). I'm quite happy about this, thou I'm hoping for at least a B1 in a real exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I got maths bumped a percent to 61 because of a marking error.

I got biology marked up a percent to 85 and got the A2 because of a marking error.

My teacher gave me 85 instead of 84 in english just for the hell of it and the fact that it was bizarre to end up with the same mark in both papers.

So finally:

English 85 A2
    Irish 84 B1
    Maths 61 C2
    French 87 A2
    Chemistry 83 B1
    Biology 85 A2
    Geography 86 and 1/2 A2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

^ you're doing really well, I've only got a few back but I'm not doing too good

^ you're doing really well, I've only got a few back but I'm not doing too good

Its 530 which I must give myself a pat on the back for. I was slightly dissapoited that I didnt get at least 1 A1. I have to realise that there is a good 3 months left. Thats still a long time in the grand scale of things.

Pharmacy was 555* in UCC last year so Im aiming for 565. I will hopefully get it. My dream would be 580.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

well you seem well capable of getting it, hope it works out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

JSK 252, you're doing so so well.
    In my mocks last year I got 535, got a little complacent, and only went up 15 points.

Say no to complacency! It's an easy trap to fall into tbh.

I have't got any of my results back yet, only finished on Tuesday and haven't been in since...
    Hopefully I did alright! Really want them back, but I assume it'll be ages yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

English (H) C1 - 70
    Irish (O) A2 - 50
    Maths (O) C1 - 30
    French (H) D2 - 50 <1 mark off a D1!!> :mad:
    Biology (H) D2 - 50
    Music (H) C1 - 70
    Home Ec (H) B3 - 75

Total : 365

I'm short about 90-100 points.

Should have gotten
    A's in H. Ec and Music,
    High B in Eng, and Maths, Irish
    And high C's in French and Bio

Higher level business - 53%. Best result in class, but I'm really unhappy about this :confused: .

bythewoods wrote: »
    JSK 252, you're doing so so well.
    In my mocks last year I got 535, got a little complacent, and only went up 15 points.

Say no to complacency! It's an easy trap to fall into tbh.

I have't got any of my results back yet, only finished on Tuesday and haven't been in since...
    Hopefully I did alright! Really want them back, but I assume it'll be ages yet.

Thanks.

Are you repeating your leaving cert? If so, with the goal of getting what second time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Geography - 95%.
    I fell down on the short questions. Who does that? Gets everything else right, but completely fecks up the easy bit! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Geography - 95%.
    I fell down on the short questions. Who does that? Gets everything else right, but completely fecks up the easy bit! :confused:

I'm the same with maths, I spend too much time studying the difficult part c questions, in my pre I lost almost all my marks in either the part a or b. Its my own fault, I just get an idea in my head when I'm studying that if i can do the hard stuff then the relatively easier stuff should just take care of itself, which unfortunatley is not the case!:mad:

p.s. I am aware it's way too early to be on the internet, but I'm not a wierdo I swear! I was fasting all yesterday and I got up to have breakfast...MMMMMMMMM pancakes!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 -Aviron-

Maths HL 91%
    English HL 90%
    Irish HL 88%
    French HL 86%
    Physics HL 94%
    Biology HL 94%
    Accounting HL 99%

No way in hell I'll manage anything like that in June though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Just have a few bits got back so far...

Ag. Science - 96%
    German Oral - 83% my written paper was an abomanation though !.

I got 525 at christmas, hopefully I got about the same at the pre's, I need about 570 though.

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Thanks.

Are you repeating your leaving cert? If so, with the goal of getting what second time?

I'm aiming for at least 580. I'd like higher, but meh.
    I'm being too complacent. Again.
    Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Maths 65%
    French 60%
    Classics 60%
    Geography 65%
    Irish 88%
    English 70%
    Physics 51% :S

overall I am happy enough I suppose .....I thought physics would be a lot better however but some people failed and many got lower Ds

Lucet wrote: »
    Higher level business - 53%. Best result in class, but I'm really unhappy about this :confused: .
    :eek: Did you do the DEB paper because I'm doing that one on wednesday and your post isn't instilling confidence in me!

K4t wrote: »
    :eek: Did you do the DEB paper because I'm doing that one on wednesday and your post isn't instilling confidence in me!

Yeah, DEB :(. The paper was quite ok, but I still didn't find wtf does
    charismatic management style
    mean, because it's not in our book. So, I just had to use common sense...

Lucet wrote: »
    Yeah, DEB :(. The paper was quite ok, but I still didn't find wtf does
    charismatic management style
    mean, because it's not in our book. So, I just had to use common sense...
    It's in our book - ability to inspire enthuasiasm among employees blah blah blah - comes under autocratic style of leadership.

Was it marked hard?

It's in our book - ability to inspire enthuasiasm among employees blah blah blah - comes under autocratic style of leadership.

Was it marked hard?

I wrote quite similarly to this, but I got, just four marks for this.
    IMO it was marked quite hard. I thought I was quite ready for business... Still, three more months, I'm willing for at least 75%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Was it marked hard?

Eeeek, I did it as
    a democratic leader.
    And I wrote loads :(
    Oh well, it shall just add to the general badness that will be my business result.

Eeeek, I did it as
    a democratic leader.
    And I wrote loads :(
    Oh well, it shall just add to the general badness that will be my business result.
    **** sorry, I meant democratic! Sorry :p

I'm leaving out units 4 and 5 for the mocks. Concentrating on the others. Is this wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

-Aviron- wrote: »
    Maths HL 91%
    English HL 90%
    Irish HL 88%
    French HL 86%
    Physics HL 94%
    Biology HL 94%
    Accounting HL 99%

No way in hell I'll manage anything like that in June though..

Wow they are absolutely fantastic results, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Piste wrote: »
    Wow they are absolutely fantastic results, well done!

yeah but weakest on languages. How is this person going to engage in conversation?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

pathway33 wrote: »
    yeah but weakest on languages. How is this person going to engage in conversation?

i really hope your taking the piss

I only finished my Pre's last week, so haven't really gotten any results back apart from..
    Maths (H) - 81%. Really disappointed with this, but I did feck all work so I guess I deserved it! You can tell which questions I revised really obviously- Trig (50/50 on both questions), Complex Numbers (49/50), Integration (47/50) and.. yeah. Then there's the ones I didn't look at.. Probability (26/50 and 27/50. Differentiation.. 31/50. Errr...). Overall, with a bit of work, should be able to bring it up to my A1 in June.

Irish(H) - I'm on an A2, but I haven't got Paper2 back yet. Don't think I'll be able to bring it up to an A1 like i wanted in the Pre :(. My essay was a bit awful, I learned cúlú, so even though the essay was about
    poverty
    , I used my cúlú essay! Bah!
    I'll A1 it for June, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

70% in Biology (HL)

Between 67 and 70% in Maths (OL) forgotten result and not really bother making sure.

I failed Physics, because I did absolutely no work whatsoever, havent gotten that back yet though, but I dont really need to know where I went wrong :P

French (HL) I have 30% so far, havent gotten the written paper back yet though.

Nothing else yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Maths (HL) : 66%

I'm delighted :D paper 1 was a nightmare so I wasn't expecting to do that well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I had my mock French oral today, brought down my grade :( Though I got my Music practical result which brought my grade up a few grades, so points wise they balanced eachother out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

bythewoods wrote: »
    I only finished my Pre's last week, so haven't really gotten any results back apart from..
    Maths (H) - 81%. Really disappointed with this, but I did feck all work so I guess I deserved it! You can tell which questions I revised really obviously- Trig (50/50 on both questions), Complex Numbers (49/50), Integration (47/50) and.. yeah. Then there's the ones I didn't look at.. Probability (26/50 and 27/50. Differentiation.. 31/50. Errr...). Overall, with a bit of work, should be able to bring it up to my A1 in June.

Irish(H) - I'm on an A2, but I haven't got Paper2 back yet. Don't think I'll be able to bring it up to an A1 like i wanted in the Pre :(. My essay was a bit awful, I learned cúlú, so even though the essay was about
    poverty
    , I used my cúlú essay! Bah!
    I'll A1 it for June, fingers crossed.

Full marks in Trig?! :eek: You don't really need probability at all if you can do that.

Advertisement