Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Pre/Mocks Leaving Cert Results thread 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Well so far I have (all HL)
    English C2
    Irish A2
    Maths C2 (I did badly in paper 2 :()
    French A2
    Spanish (my teacher won't give our actual ones yet... I got 94%.. The examiner reported I was outrageously fluent :cool:, hoping for an A2/A1)
    Business B1
    Biology D1 (Was extremely difficult/ not enough study :p)

I think i'm nearly there to get my first choice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

English (H): 75% - Happy with this. Got good marks everywhere. Can push for an A with some effort

Irish (H): 55% - Happy with this as well, considering the work (or lack thereof) that I put in. Might push for a C1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Irish (HL)-63%

RE (HL)-62%

Chem (HL)-50%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

Mine were horribly bad!!

English(HL)- 48% (was disappointed with eng but I knew I did a crap paper 2! But thought I'd do much better on paper 1)

Irish(HL)- 61% ( I was really pleased with this but I failed paper 2 but got a B in paper 1, the oral and listening:D)

Maths(OL)- 40%(that was just dreadful! I used to get B's in maths but I'm not putting in enough effort anymore:rolleyes:)

French(HL)- 56( a bit disappointed as I was hoping for a C1)

Biology(HL)- 43% ( never been good at biology but thought I did better)

Ag. Science(HL)- 47%( I was sort of happy because the paper was so hard)

Music(HL)- 68%( I was soooooooo disappointed with that! I want an A1 in the LC:rolleyes:)

I got 335 but I need about 65 more points in the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

English- HL- (DEB, I think. Although I can't remember, so meh) - A2.
    Got an A2 last year as well.
    Quite proud of that, because I've had to do the whole new course in a year. Although my paper 2 was actually an A1 and t'was paper 1 that dragged me down, so I can't really use my I'm-repeating-like excuse. A1 in the real thing, surely.

Chemistry- HL- Examcraft.. B1.
    I also got a B1 at Xmas. Oh, and in my LC last year. Consistency wasn't the plan tbh! Nah, I thought I did a lot worse. Was a hard paper imo, and it was the exam I probably prepared least for. That and Bio... I'll easily push it up to an A2 (or, hopefully an A1).

Geography- HL- DEB... A2.
    Got an A1 in this last year so, eh, was fairly damn annoyed with myself over this result! My geoecology essay was a bit dire, I ran out of time completely, pretty much mid sentence :P I had essays learned off, if I'd had time to finish it I probably would have got the A1.
    My economic geography saw a bit of a blunderino, totally misinterpretted one of the questions so even though I wrote loads of what I thought was great stuff, only got 12/30 on one part.
    Still, even with that messiness there, I was close to the A1 so I'm fairly confident I'll get the A1 in June.

I'm just waiting on Biology and French now, then it'll be point-totting-up time. I'm already pretty sure I didn't beat my last year LC results. Meh. I'm using the excuse that I was sick and pumped full of yocky antibiotics during the mocks. That and laziness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dmullar

All examcraft:

English - B2
    Maths - C2 :(( hoping for an A in the real thing)
    Physics - A2
    Chemisty - A2
    Geography - A1
    French - C1

Havent gotten irish yet, but i'm doing ordinary so it wont be going towards my points.
    Got 495 overall, delighted as I only need about 440ish for my course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I've only gotten 2 back so far.

Economics HL - B2
    Maths OL - C3 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Chemistry (H) 71%

Maths (H) 70% - Marking was a bit unfair, virtually no attempt marks were given.

French (H) 70%

Physics (H) 63% - Marking scheme was dodgy (Examcraft) especially in the nuclear section. Not that my mark would've increased a huge amount. A lot of work to do in this.

English (H) 61% - Marking was done based on university standards, according to our teacher. We were marked down for not having text titles underlined etc. . . A lot of work to do here too.

DCG (H) 49% - I am horrendously slow, barely doing any drawing for a couple of months to work at the project didn't help. Timing myself from now on.

Irish (O) 72%

Looking for points increases in everything, especially DCG, even though I shouldn't really need them.

bythewoods: You seem to get very high results, why are you repeating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

only gten 2 back.

Irish H.L.- fail... expected

English H.L- C3... dissapointed. But everyones marks where bad considering we're the top honours class. Loads under me. Should get my b3 tho with a bit more effort.C'est tout.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Maths: C1
    Art: C1
    History: B3
    English: C1
    Business: C1
    Biology:Probably Fail.

Not happy at all.... seeing as I got B average last year.. Plenty of work to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

French - A1
    Irish - B1 (A2 really but we hadnt covered An Trial yet so il give myself that one)
    English - B1
    History - C1 (hadnt covered Early Ireland yet)
    Biology - B2
    Economics - missed exam (probably would have been a B)

hopin for 515 in spetember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Got 91% in PII HL maths (examcraft), so that just dragged my above the 90% mark overall for an A1, I was astounded today when I got it back I was hoping for around 75% in PII and a B1 overall.
    I've never gotten an A1 in maths before, not even in end-of-chapter class tests. I kind of feel im going to dissapoint come june, because I felt I got lucky with a lot of questions, and going down a grade will obviously be disapointing. But maths is such an 'on the day' kind of subject sometimes with the paper etc.

I just realised I sound like a bit of a twat, complaining because I thought I did too well. If you have been offended just completely ignore what I just said as it wasn't my intention.:o

DCG (O) - 84% - 1 MARK off an A, but still happy, considering I had no idea what could be coming up. Am doing Higher for the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Heggy wrote: »

bythewoods: You seem to get very high results, why are you repeating?

I do! I'm one of those very rare repeats who actually got high points last year but wants higher ones!
    I probably could have taken the year out and got medicine this year under the new sysetem, but I wanted to eh, reach my full potential. Or something.

The generalisation is that all repeats, especially ones in public schools, are low-achievers. Not always the case ;)
    Gloom wrote: »
    Not happy at all.... seeing as I got B average last year.. Plenty of work to be done.

I'm in the same boat as you, averaging lower than last year. :/
    Depressing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

bythewoods wrote:
    I do! I'm one of those very rare repeats who actually got high points last year but wants higher ones!
    I probably could have taken the year out and got medicine this year under the new sysetem, but I wanted to eh, reach my full potential. Or something.

The generalisation is that all repeats, especially ones in public schools, are low-achievers. Not always the case wink.gif

I would be so utterly depressed having to back to school for a 7th year. Fair play, but I for one cannot wait to be finished everything, and actually get away to something interesting and new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Didn't do too bad but then again most of the papers were marked tremendously bad - 'A's in English and Irish (by my calculations, 98% :shock:.), 'B's in Business and History, 'C' in French (O), 'D' in Maths (O), while I haven't gotten my Art result yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

:rolleyes:B1 in english, only 2% of the a, 2nd best in my school... then all my fun is spoilt qhen we got our physics back... 25%....:eek: highest in the class 66%.. and thats by an A1 student.... 13 out of 20 failed it miserably....

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Got Geography (HL) back today 75% pretty happy with that so hopefully in June along with the project I can bring it up to a B1...still waiting to get the rest of my results

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

not going well so far:

maths (H) - F
    irish (H) - D3
    geography (H) - C1
    history (H) - D1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Got them all back now, 470 in all, not so bad, only need mid 400 anyway for engineeiring in trinity.

All higher;
    English - 68% - Happy enough but the y were corrected very hard!
    Irish - 54% - Not sure why im doing higher, did ordinary for jc, want to get an honour in the lc though!
    Maths - 70% - Correction not great in places! Not too bad at all though! Tricky paper!
    Physics - 78% - good result, would defo be going for higher, only got 8/56 in one question! Teacher corrected aload and said he only got a few B1's a and a few B2's, so i guess thats good!
    French - 69% - Not so bad, writing corrected poorly enough, hoping for a1/a2
    Applied Maths - 80% - General lazyness and lack of study brought me down
    DCG - 88% - Great result! Only answered 2 questions in section A which made it all a lot better!

Fairly happy with them all, only did a night before job on them all anyways so should come up a bit in the leaving, fingers crossed! :D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭kevogy

higher all

maths 20
    irish 10
    dcg 24
    ag sci 54
    english 51
    french 54

so 150 points altogether

a healthy foundation, all i need to do now is bring that up to 480 for primary teaching....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Economics D3
    business D2
    Accounting A2
    Lcvp Merit
    Religion F(30%) Please reply if you did the DEB paper HARD!
    History C3

Happy! but I thought I was marked like really badly in religion ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Finally got them all back...like 6 weeks later :rolleyes:
    Remaining ones -
    French - C1 - Totally thought that was coming in as a D :)
    Business - B1 or B2 (cba checking) - Got way more the paper finished than I remembered so the marks were much better than I expected.
    Maths - D2 - My teacher led me to believe I had gotten 9% for 5 weeks, & then she said "No, you passed, just about :rolleyes:" last week, and we still only got them back today. Really happy as I thought I'd failed! as to go up in the real thing though... :(

Overall I got 480 points, which is only about 70 points away from what I want in the real thing. They could've gone worse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

All DEB papers, and all higher except maths.

Eng - c1 - Bad corrector, marked me a spelling mistake for saying 'Keats's poetry'?! Teaher wasn't happy either, but I was glad with my c1.
    Irish - c2 - bit bummed, but I know I'll go up a grade or two at least
    Maths - not back yet, but I only need to pass as it's my only o level paper
    Bio - c3 - soo angry! Got it re-corrected and went up 8%! terrible paper too, I have gotten nothing lower than a B all year!
    German - c3 - eh . .yeah lots of work needed here, my oral will bring me up
    Art - c2 - so angry! Terrible correcter! I even had the 3rd highest in the year. We had no B's in the school, let alone A's! Anyway if I hadn't gotten a C3 in the history I would have been a B3 :(
    Music - c1 - sooo upset! I'm aiming for an A in music! Teacher only told us today that people never do well in music mocks, no-one has ever even gotten a B in mocks?! But that she has never had lower than a B3 in her class for the real thing.

Anyway, overall thats 390 I think, not too far off the 420 ish I'm aiming for. I only need about 380 and the entrance test for my course (music performance) so only really need to bring up my grades by one in each subject! And of course, need to pass maths, but not really worried about that!

English (h) B1, 2nd highest in the school, the teachers thought these was marked very hard!

Maths (o) B1, didn do a thing for the pre's so i should bring thst up to an A in the real thing!

Economics (H) B1, really disappointed with this, would expect nothing less than an A1 in the real thing, i would normally be the top of my class in this, but got 100% in section A

French (h) C3, not a fan of this just doing it to get into college! hopefully when i do an oral that will bring me up a bit!

History (h) ?? aint got back but i would be hoping for an A.

Physics (H)...... E.....disaster, i hate this subject so much, should never have done it! 7 out of 21 in my class passed... the highest of them being a C3.. the rest were D2 and D3's....

Irish (o) B1 from paper 1, no sign of paper 2 yet!

we had a mix of both DEB and Examcraft!

Eng - c1 - Bad corrector, marked me a spelling mistake for saying 'Keats's poetry'?!

yep, that is a spelling mistake. you should have said "Keats' poetry". note the lack of an 's' after the apostrophe

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

eventually got them all back! (teachers please take your time, it's not as if we actually want the results back or anything...)
    All Higher:
    English: 78% - B2 - 80 points
    Irish: 68% - C1 - 70 points
    **Maths: haha... 25%! score!**not counted!
    History: 78% - B2 - 80 points
    Geography: 93% - A1 - 100 points
    French: 81% - B1 - 85 points
    Home Ec: 73% - B3 - 75 points!

So that's 490 altogether, and i need around 515 - 520ish in the actual thing!
    not TOO bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Physics (H)...... E.....disaster, i hate this subject so much, should never have done it! 7 out of 21 in my class passed... the highest of them being a C3.. the rest were D2 and D3's....

Amen to that, got an E aswell.:(

Amen to that, got an E aswell.:(
    hahaha which paper did you have we had ah...it was DEB.. seemingly the harder one, not that it would make any difference to me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Richyj_0

All Dublin Examinig Board. All Higher level apart from maths.

English 50%, Physics 53%, History 58%, Irish 65%, Spanish 75%, Maths (ordinary level) 77% and Engineering 82%...I do Jappanese as well but didn't have a mock. Got 405 points, need 400 for my course so I'm aiming for 450..Happy enough though! :)

Advertisement