Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Pre/Mocks Leaving Cert Results thread 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

A Mixture of DEB and Examcraft

Maths Ordinary B1 82%
    Irish Higher D1 54%
    English Higher C3 58%
    Spanish Higher C1 69%
    Geography Higher B2 79%
    Biology Higher C3 57%
    Business Higher D1 53%

Total Points from Best 6 Subjects: 380 :D

Pretty chuffed, considering feck all study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Hmm, did alright. Very little study. Dreading these french orals on Tuesday :(
    All higher except Irish.

Geography - B2 (Can do better)
    English - C3 (Will try for C1)
    French - C3 (Happy, but hate the subject)
    Biology - A1 (Very easy subject for me)
    Maths - umm....Ill just say I dropped down very quickly after getting the result
    Physics - E1 (:( need to study for C3)
    Irish - B2 (Grand)

Need BBCC to get into my first choice......but french :(

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

haloauto wrote: »
    Physics - E1 (:( need to study for C3)
    Irish - B2 (Grand)

Need BBCC to get into my first choice......but french :(

is physics the bain of your life too? do you wonder why on earth you did it?? please tell me i am not the only one!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

Got them back eventually!

Irish (H) - 71% (B3) - happy with this, it was a fluke! did no study for it and I don't plan on taking the points.
    Math (H) - 93% (A1) - ecstatic with it! Didn't think it'd go so well..
    English (H) - 87% (A2) - Same here, the essay titles on P1 weren't great so I had to make one up from scratch.
    Spanish (H) - 81% (B1) - Again very happy with this.
    Economics (H) 99% (A1) - Well it's my favourite subject really.
    Chemistry (H) 90% (A1) - Surprised with this one, a few lucky guesses got me some extra marks.
    Accounting (H) 81% (B1) - A horrible Accounting paper.. the Manufacturing A/C question was bad, and the Cash Budget just did not go well, at all.

Overall I'm very happy with these, they went better than I thought they'd go. Still need a bit more work in Spanish and English though. Oh, and Accounting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

Amen to that, got an E aswell.:(

Got an E aswell.( DEB ) :( But funnily enough I thought I at the VERY least passed it. :mad: I see quite a few of us failed it. What can we do to get a decent grade? ( Want at least a C3 ). :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

So far :

English (HL) B2- 78% WAAAAAY better than I expected cos I completely messed up the timing. I got 91% for my compositional essay which really shocked me cos I made it up on the spot, only wrote 3 pages (and I have pretty big writing) and I it didn't think it was that good! Overall I'm very happy but I need to sort out the timing of my comparative, which was atrocious. I also need to practise more comprehensions and unseen poetry (got 12/20 for that :confused:) Hope I get a B1 or A2 in June

Maths (OL) C1- 65% Delighted! I only need a D3 in maths and I also HATE it! I was delighted with this result, might aim for a B in June but I don't really care.

French (HL) A2- 88% Happy enough, would've obviously preferred an A1, my aural brought me down a bit. Aiming for an A1 in June.

History (HL) B1- 81% Again, happy enough. Did really well in most sections but very badly in one due to the ridiculous lack of time. Seriously, sometimes I think the history exam is physically impossible to do within the given time. I'd have probably gotten an A2 had my research study been included. Aiming for an A2 or perhaps an A1 in June.

I'm still waiting on German and Art and I haven't even done a music pre yet. No points calculating for me for another while :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I've got all my results back- 4A2s, 3B1s. All HL. 530 points.
    Yeah, so i got 535 in my mocks last year :P
    I got 550 in my LC last year.
    I got 550 in my Xmas exams this year.

So yeah then, I'm not best pleased :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

bythewoods wrote: »

I cant understand why in gods name you would want to repeat this year of hell with 550 points! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

relax. its only the mocks.
    june is a whole different ball game!
    550 points wow, you are brave for repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

I can't understand why you're repeating either! I mean, 550 and a good HPAT result will get you Medicine.. getting any higher than 550 won't make much difference..
    It's a brave decision! I hope it pays off :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Ahem... 29% in Maths (H) - Was expecting a bad result, but not that bad. But in my defence, we hadn't done probability when we did the exam, and it's my favourite chapter, so I'll get a lot more marks with that. Definately have to put in a lot more effort in other places, though.

Still have to get Art back, but that won't be great either. Got 61/150 for the history, my practical fell to pieces, and my painting was only done in the space of an hour at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Business -79%
    Geography-55%
    Irish (pass) 60%
    English -70%
    Maths(pass) -54%
    French- - 49%
    History - tbc

want a b in french go damn it
    need 340 for cours hope that covers it

Lol, yeah- I constantly get asked why I'm repeating. Never quite gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Finally got all mine back.

Irish (H) B3. 72%. Absolutely thrilled with it, the comprehensions messed me up a little but its a good foundation.
    English (H) B1. 83.5% Happy with the 50/50 in question b on paper one, little annoyed with the unseen poem and wondering why the examiner has AS and AD written all over my paper. Nice comments on the end though.
    French (H) D1 51%. Ugh. I do not like this language one bit.
    History (H) D1 51% I should probably study more and apparently with my project I should get a B if I keep working at it.
    Music (H) D2 47% I passed!!! Shock of my life that I did, my melody was abysmal.
    Economics (H) 72%. Best in my class, I'm really happy with it, apparently if I keep going on like this I'll get the A!
    Maths (O) C3- its so depressing that thats only 20 points!
    LCVP (Written no portfolio) 81%.
    415 points and I'm aiming for 520...not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 CallMeDoctor

Got everything back now:)
    (all higher)
    French-96 %
    Chemistry-88 %
    Physics- 78%
    English- 77%
    Economics-88%
    Maths- 65%

Total- 510 points
    Im goin for medicine but i fear i might act. go down in points any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Total- 510 points
    Im goin for medicine but i fear i might act. go down in points any advice?

stick to what you are doing. (its obviously working!) you will come up. its very rare that people go down. mocks are USUALLY much easier than the real thing. keep revising and with a little luck you will get what you need:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Yeyy finally they're back!
    Accountancy 98-A1
    Irish 90-A1 ...no oral on that yet so could go up or down...should probably mention i knew about a bit of paper 2 before i did it, so ehhh that result could go down in June...
    French 84-B1 ...same as irish, no oral on that yet
    Maths 83-B1
    English 74-B3 ...my teacher thought it was marked hard, B2 was highest in the year
    Chemistry B3 ...was marked 69% but corrected really badly so going through it in class i should have got 9 more marks so far, so im gunna say B3 :)
    Biology 67-C1 ...argghhh thought this was one of my best subjects but we had the DEB paper that was supposed to be harder so yaaa thats my excuse!

Hmmm, i think my results are somewhat....upside-down...seeing as sciences were my best and languages were my worst in junior cert!! How things have changed!

So, thats 520. Im delighted with it, but I guess thats gunna have to go up, im going for medicine :P

mocks are USUALLY much easier than the real thing.

Not necessarily true.
    Sometimes easier, oftentimes harder.

EDIT: Actually I s'pose that's why you put usually in capitals. Nvm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Economics (H) 72%.
    I got the exact same.

Hey tanks captainspeckle for the reassurance hope ur right:)
    and
    nice results anne-marie ur 10 pts ahead of me for medicine:cool:wat u gonna focus on now for the last two months? u obviously know wat ur doin..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

Biology: A2
    Maths: A2
    English: B3
    Irish: A1
    Chemistry: B1
    Business: A1
    French: A2

All higher. .... 555 points

Aiming for 570.
    Still got some work to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hey tanks captainspeckle for the reassurance hope ur right:)
    and
    nice results anne-marie ur 10 pts ahead of me for medicine:cool:wat u gonna focus on now for the last two months? u obviously know wat ur doin..:pac:

Hey, well done yours were great aswel tho!! And as for "i'm a smiler", well done! Maybe you could give us all advice aswel?! What course are you aiming for?
    CallMeDoctor, emm well i dont have a clue what to focus on these last 2 months! My study plan at the moment is sit down, glance at all my books, and whichever one i feel like studying I do :) Its usually maths...never english...so ya i really dont know!! I think it will be exam questions in maths and chemistry, focusing on 1 topic at a time and writing out main points for them. In biology, writing out notes for each chapter and exam questions. For the languages I suppose itl be learning phrases, going over poems, learning topical stuff. I actually dont know what would be the right way to study languages, maybe someone could help?! I find them hard to start studying! So ya, thats my expert study plan :P hope i can pick up tips from others on what to do from now on!

On another note, where are you applying for medicine?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

All higher:
    English(DEB) - 71% B3, was pretty disappointed as I felt this was the exam which I'd done best in, but the highest in the year was 78%, so they must have been marked REALLY hard! The standard of English in our school is very high.
    Irish(Examcraft) - 71% B3, happy enough here, papers were marked oddly though, comprehensions were marked easily and everything else was marked hard.
    French(DEB) - 73% B3, very happy overall, got 58/60 and 54/60 in my comprehensions, which were marked really hard :) Writtens were a bit disappointing and listening was a disaster, I only got 45/80! :eek:
    Geography(DEB) - 81% B1, very surprised with this! I hadn't a clue for the human environment section and left out a 30 mark question!
    Art(DEB I think) - B2, not sure of the percentage. Happy overall but I only got a C1 for my poster, raging about that! :mad: A five hour exam for a C1 like!
    Maths(DEB) - 53% D1, delighted, thought I'd failed! Only 2% off a C3 too! Aiming for a C1/B3 in the real thing, so I've my work cut out for me!

I've got 6 out of 7 back, with my result in Music still to be decided. I do it outside of school so my teacher arranged 2 separate pres, one for the listening and one for the composition. I've only done the composition one so far, got 90% which I was very pleased with.
    If I count maths then I got 450, if I get a B1 in Music then I'll have 480.

Very happy overall, but a LOT of work still to be done. There are quite a few gaps in my knowledge of certain sections, as my results and papers have shown!

hey sounds good yea i find english very hard to study. .
    stuck between galway and trinity for first but i think ill go galway? i applied to all 5 uni's tho u? how d hpat go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

Hey anne marie, you did great as well!

At the end of the day though, nobody asks how you do in the pres. I really hope I will not disimprove in the real thing! Fingers crossed!

I have medicine first at the moment in trinity, but I'm having second thoughts! I'd say I'll be doing some chopping and changing to my cao choices before the July 1st deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Jeez everyone's results are amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

Jeez everyone's results are amazing!

i know my results were discraceful compared to everyone else, im not gonna say what they were, but they were god awful, gonna really focus now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

brennaldo wrote: »
    i know my results were discraceful compared to everyone else, im not gonna say what they were, but they were god awful, gonna really focus now

Amen, Sean. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Stay on topic or else you will be banned from the Leaving Cert thread.

Marshmallow_ Brennaldo_ Creggy

Got it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

They were talking about results, just not giving a giant list of what they got :confused:

Also, you became a mod when?!

Advertisement