Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steely Dan

• 02-03-2009 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Has there a finer laid back classic rock act from the far side of the pond? (no, is the answer you were looking for)

Thier biggest failing appears to be that few if any of the distaff sex seem to "get" the Dan. Maybe they're too ugly.

steelydan.jpg

They could be right! But the music is beautiful even when its plumbing some dubious, but knowing depths.

Tis a sad fact that Dan are poorly archived so most vids are either recent tour tinny sounding "hand helds", collages or muddy films from the 70s. Still here we go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Steely Dan are great, good post mike!

A video my brother sent me last week:

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

A big +1 from me, Mike.

Big Steely Dan fan, they deserved much more commercial success than they achieved.
    And yeah, another great 70's band whose live shows weren't adequately captured on film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

being a big SD fan since the days of AJA .Always being a mystery why they never toured as much or liked being filmed as other big successful bands from same era have .

Advertisement