Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Main virtues of living?

• 02-03-2009 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

lol thanks Asia

I was doing some personal writing, nothing major at all, just writing down what I was thinking in order to understand it better.

I was hoping I could get other peoples answers on the piece I had the most difficulty with, I was trying to state personal virtues for life. In as few words as possible, and only the most important ones whatever they may be

What do you think they should be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭bou

Awareness
    Empathy/Compassion
    Ability to change
    Wish to find truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

While I see if I can find the OP, my rely was

Welcome
    I would be interested to see what ones you came up with and then add to the list. Of course there are many that we accept as standard if you like, but we each have additional virtues or values that we feel are relevant to each person.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

Interesting post. My first thought was "the virtue of smallness" and then my second thought was "honesty". This may be summarized as humility.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 odinreln

having an open mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

May be the same as Bou's "Wish to find truth"

I call mine "A Seeking Spirit."
    I would follow that with
    Compassion
    Empathy
    Humility
    And one I particularly like, and try to do...Taking action:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 luckyman11

My top three would be : 1. Awareness, 2. Awareness, 3. Awareness.

I think if you have that, then other "virtues" will automatically be part of your expierience of this life.

Advertisement