Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for telling the truth.

Options
  • 02-03-2009 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

I just got banned from emergency services for telling of a Garda that assaulted my daughter or alternatively for referencing corrupt Garda in Donegal which has previously being established , I was accused of having no evidence to back up this gibberish, I can provide evidence of my daughters assault. Can someone clarify this please? Are members not allowed criticise the Garda without getting banned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Did you PM TheNog?

My understanding is that you were banned for claiming that the Gardai are not required to obey the law and that they routinely go around assualting members of the public and then lying about it. Which is complete gibberish.

I have no interest in debating the veracity of these statements, but a PM to TheNog should clear it up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

seamus wrote: »
    Did you PM TheNog?

My understanding is that you were banned for claiming that the Gardai are not required to obey the law and that they routinely go around assualting members of the public and then lying about it. Which is complete gibberish.

I have no interest in debating the veracity of these statements, but a PM to TheNog should clear it up for you.

I have no interest in debating the matter either as its not gibberish, its known fact. That is what the post is about and it has already being proven. A link to the news story was provided by the OP. Or perhaps Shamus you feel the story is false? I dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Offy wrote: »
    I have no interest in debating the matter either as its not gibberish, its known fact. That is what the post is about and it has already being proven. A link to the news story was provided by the OP. Or perhaps Shamus you feel the story is false? I dont.
    "Known fact" is irrelevant. The content of the thread is otherwise irrelevant, as I said I've no interest in debating it. Did you PM TheNog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

seamus wrote: »
    "Known fact" is irrelevant. The content of the thread is otherwise irrelevant, as I said I've no interest in debating it. Did you PM TheNog?

I did PM TheNog. AGS might not like criticism but that does not mean that all criticism is gibberish. It doesnt leave much room for debate does it? Everyone must be held accountable, otherwise we no longer live in a free democracy, when people cant complain about the government or its employees without pentelties that democracy no longer exists ie the system breaks down. At least if criticism is allowed something positive can be done to rectify complaints. Continue to pretend the problem does not exist and you just make it worse. Im not going to continue to post here, Ive voiced my objection and Im leaving it at that.

Advertisement