Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement antenna nuvi 310

Options
  • 02-03-2009 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys.

Would any of you know where I could pick up a replacement antenna for a garmin nuvi 310? Mine came away from the unit and damaged the ribbon cable in the process. Manufacturer repair isn't an option as I've been informed they have a set repair fee of cira 200 euro.

Cheers,

o/s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Cut your losses and buy a 250 or 255, no flipup antenna and you'll get the latest maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

All the time it is more cost effective to buy a new replacment model then fix an old one. Nuvi 310 is an Old unit now dude, I mean they have been floating about since 2006' Still usable but if it's broke dont fix it!

Get the 255 as the 250 is almost as old as the 310..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 offline.seller

I've already replaced the unit with a nuvi 710. I just thought I'd see if i could get the 310 back in working order as would be good to have a backup unit lying around.

I've been doing a bit more searching and have come across a guy in the uk who repairs them for 40 quid regardless of fault. Might drop him an email to see if he'll sell me an antenna assembly...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Bang up a wanted ad on adverts.ie and the buyandsell, I'm sure there are lots of Sat Navs sitting in drawers that have outdated maps on them or broken screens etc. I'd imagine the antenna is the same on all those older models.

Maybe I'm wrong but I would have thought you should be able to pick one up for less than €20.

invest4deepvalue.com

Cheers for the ideas lads. Got a response form a guy in the uk who does repairs, he's sending me over a complete antenna assembly for 30 quid all in.

If any one needs his email just drop me a pm, he covers various different models and carries most parts in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I've already replaced the unit with a nuvi 710. I just thought I'd see if i could get the 310 back in working order as would be good to have a backup unit lying around.

I've been doing a bit more searching and have come across a guy in the uk who repairs them for 40 quid regardless of fault. Might drop him an email to see if he'll sell me an antenna assembly...

How are you finding the 710 compared to the 310? I have the 710 aswell...It's a nice upgrade..

Yeah, it's pretty good. I like the extra real estate on the screen. Tbh I haven't been using it a huge amount but the gf had it with her in the states for a few weeks and said it was great. I'm planning on giving it a proper run during the hols in italy.

Advertisement