Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WD40 uses

Options
  • 02-03-2009 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

When i had a motor bike I always notice specs of tar on the fairings. I discovered that by spraying wd40 on them that they dissolve and run making it easy to wipe off. Any other uses you have for it?

There is a list here but id like to hear other people uses on here.
    http://www.wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Thats an interesting list - 2000 uses!
    I usually use it to loosen rusted screws, nuts or bolts. I also use it to protect padlocks over the winter, preventing rust.

I always use it to protect locks and hinges of car doors, exterior doors and squeaking interior doors. ( All these uses are likely to be on that list)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I find it great for removing adhesive lable residues and childrens crayon from furniture etc. A word of warning about using it on locks, hinges and the like though- it will actually "wash" the grease or other lubricant from the lock, so while it may appear to do a great job at first the lock will soon be worse. I use it and a camellia oil for keeping tools in shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

sharpening your chisals( oil stone).
    getting water out of the cables on your motorcycle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

thats an interesting list there brendan.

it removes ink from leather l would never of taught of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

had to use it on a PC recently, the hard-drive was so tightly screwed in it was the only thing that would shift it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape it
    If it doesn't move and it should - WD40 it

Advertisement