Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springfield Tunnel Closed!!! Mullingar!

• 02-03-2009 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Just a Quick Query..
    Does anybody from Mullingar know why to the full reason why the Tunnel near Springfield was Closed :eek: ?? I seen a funny YouTube clip about it :D and i used to live near there many many years ago.. but have lost touch with what goes on down there :rolleyes: Reagrds.

Comments

d'oh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Blademan

So what you saying dolanbaker that homer has just did the damage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

The council are building a new bigger tunnel right beside the old tunnel. They started the work in January with draining a section of the canal and now they're getting ready to dig.
    I think the new tunnel will be about 2.5 meters high and maybe 3 meters wide, something along those dimensions.
    The course of the Brosna is also gonna be moved under the new tunnel with lots of room to prevent flooding.

Yay for no more dark, drippy, walls-covered-in-orange-goo tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Blademan

jigglywoo wrote: »
    The council are building a new bigger tunnel right beside the old tunnel. They started the work in January with draining a section of the canal and now they're getting ready to dig.
    I think the new tunnel will be about 2.5 meters high and maybe 3 meters wide, something along those dimensions.
    The course of the Brosna is also gonna be moved under the new tunnel with lots of room to prevent flooding.

Yay for no more dark, drippy, walls-covered-in-orange-goo tunnel.

Hi jigglywoo.
    Thanks for the Update Info. Should be interesting the next time i go down there not to see the Old Tunnel (Yay for no more dark, drippy, walls-covered-in-orange-goo tunnel) :pac: And the amount of times i got my clothes F-Up'd walking along the wall when the Brosna flooded on the way to school and home lol.. Unreal.. Still will miss that old place for sure.. :D

Again jigglywoo thanks for the information and now i know thanks a million mate.. Cheers.

Regards..

Advertisement