Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sausage Concrete Curbing ?

• 02-03-2009 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi Builders,

You know what I am talking about, not too sure on the correct name. .

Its the curbing thats in the latest housing estates, I think its pumped out of a concrete lorry and laid in one go, seemless. . . .. its a good curb, and i have a long drive way. . . .

I am looking for the price of this? can anyone help me??
    What prices are out there?

Thanks
    LNB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

if i remember rightly i was quoted 15 euro per metre, (excl ground preparation)

as i have a longish driveway aswell, i thought this was the job, but in the end i went for the "normal" kerbing as i wanted to make sure the levels for surface water "runoff" were correct (no ponding) & didn't want all the water to run to one particular area or interfere with the neighbours
    (wanted to make full use of soakaways) i felt that you wouldn't be able to
    change the slopes that easily using the other system.

(runoff from the house goes into tanks)

used paving bricks for the drive (560 M2) the rainwater seeps through the gaps in the bricks/geotextile layer underneath and doesn't cause any probs

for info we used 5 metres of concrete for backing 140kerbs

a good site for reading up. www.pavingexpert.com

Advertisement