Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kids breakdancing classes

Options
  • 02-03-2009 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

hi all,

can anyone tell me where is the breakdancing classes in sligo for kids
    cheers:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'm not to sure exactly where the classes are held but get in touch with your local youth centre,they might be able to point you in the right direction if they don't organise these kind of classes.

Other option would be to check the local rags,there might just be an ad in there somewhere!

Sorry i cant be of more assistance to you Glezo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

is hip hop classes the same thing?? (yes I'm old!) there are some starting near our village, 10 km out of sligo. Can get the details of the poster if you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sulukie

Hi I know there are kids dance classes in St. Annes, but not sure what kind. Give them a ring they are very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭glezo

is hip hop classes the same thing?? (yes I'm old!) there are some starting near our village, 10 km out of sligo. Can get the details of the poster if you want it.
    im not totally sure but ya can you get the details for me please

Sulukie wrote: »
    Hi I know there are kids dance classes in St. Annes, but not sure what kind. Give them a ring they are very helpful.
    thanks sulukie, i give them a ring also and find out more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

My girl goes to Hip Hop classes in St. Annes (I thing they've changed the name to the Avalon Centre), she loves it. They have different classes for different ages. They put on a show in the Hawkswell every year called "Our Show", the kids love it (I bawl). A new term will start at Easter I think, but maybe get your kid/s names down now.

Ring Willie or Frankie at The Avalon Centre on 9161836

Also, if your interested, get their names down for this years summer camp, its the best around by far, very cheap and the places go really quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Any adult hip hop classes? That would be cool:D

No Val. Just no.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thats scary....my daughter talks to me just like that:eek:

glezo wrote: »
    im not totally sure but ya can you get the details for me please

need to walk to the shop, back in a sec.

• Advertisement

need to walk to the shop, back in a sec.

What a man. Anymore of them knocking about Mrs T? :p

the poster was for classes starting 26th of january. but I know they are on all the time.
    They are at Newton Manor Hall.
    €40 for 8 weeks.
    juniors and seniors (Magnumlady??)

087-2518011 (no name)

What a man. Anymore of them knocking about Mrs T? :p

A whole land full! (Holland):D

My girl goes to Hip Hop classes in St. Annes (I thing they've changed the name to the Avalon Centre), she loves it. They have different classes for different ages. They put on a show in the Hawkswell every year called "Our Show", the kids love it (I bawl). A new term will start at Easter I think, but maybe get your kid/s names down now.

Ring Willie or Frankie at The Avalon Centre on 9161836

Also, if your interested, get their names down for this years summer camp, its the best around by far, very cheap and the places go really quick.

thanks tequila,

can you tell me is hip hip hop the same as breakdacing???
    and can parents stay

the poster was for classes starting 26th of january. but I know they are on all the time.
    They are at Newton Manor Hall.
    €40 for 8 weeks.
    juniors and seniors (Magnumlady??)

087-2518011 (no name)

as far as i know is newton manor is in donegal ??

so be bit far away for me, as sligo town be far handier
    but thanks a mill for your help

thanks tequila,

can you tell me is hip hip hop the same as breakdacing???
    and can parents stay

Erm.. not sure. Asked daughter and she'd never heard of break-dancing! So its possible they are the same thing. They fling themselves around alot, if that's any help!

No the parents can't stay, the teacher, Sarah, is really good with little ones though, my daughter was four when she started - tiny!

as far as i know is newton manor is in donegal ??

so be bit far away for me, as sligo town be far handier
    but thanks a mill for your help

No it's near Dromahair. hard to explain for me but it's near Leckaun. Pretty close to Sligo. Probaly the same as tequlia mentioned but then for us country people!

Erm.. not sure. Asked daughter and she'd never heard of break-dancing! So its possible they are the same thing. They fling themselves around alot, if that's any help!

No the parents can't stay, the teacher, Sarah, is really good with little ones though, my daughter was four when she started - tiny!

as far as i know i think its the same, which he would love as hes always doing dancing and spinning around on the floor
    hes 4 now so good time to get them into it i think.

well me the the younger one can go and do the shopping in dunnes while were waiting:D

No it's near Dromahair. hard to explain for me but it's near Leckaun. Pretty close to Sligo. Probaly the same as tequlia mentioned but then for us country people!

cheers darealtulip,

i think sligo be handier as i said i can go and do the shopping while i wait, i doubt theirs any dunnes stores or tesco in dromahair:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

cheers darealtulip,

i think sligo be handier as i said i can go and do the shopping while i wait, i doubt theirs any dunnes stores or tesco in dromahair:rolleyes:

She daydreams..... I wish!!! :D Our Spar just got bigger.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Hip Hop dancing and breakdancing are not exactly the same thing, hip hop includes other styles than just breakdancing.

However, hip hop is probably better to start out with, and get some rhythm. It's also safer to start with until your kid gets coordinated enough to try spinning on his/her head, etc.

(Breakdancing is very popular in asia, and a lot of my asian friends in University were very good at it. I, in comparison, dance like a learning disabled sea cucumber)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 avalon1

hi all,

can anyone tell me where is the breakdancing classes in sligo for kids
    cheers:o
    hi just to let you know breakdancing classes are held in strandhill with sarah the same sarah who teaches in st anne's, all boys at the moment.
    differance between hip hop and breakdancing is breakdancing has power moves ie spinning on hands, back, or head doh recently head spins are banned insurance reasons WHAT ELSE. but better start little ones with hip hop just to get some simple moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

avalon1 wrote: »
    hi just to let you know breakdancing classes are held in strandhill with sarah the same sarah who teaches in st anne's, all boys at the moment.
    differance between hip hop and breakdancing is breakdancing has power moves ie spinning on hands, back, or head doh recently head spins are banned insurance reasons WHAT ELSE. but better start little ones with hip hop just to get some simple moves.

thank you for the info, and also the general info about
    st anne's (provided elsewhere),much appreciated.

avalon1 wrote: »

Thanks feel less old now I know;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Newtown Manor?:eek: The juxtaposition of Hip Hop and that particular place seems weird:D.
    Hip Hop involves lots of walking about and hand gestures with various arrangements of fingers. It's a cross between Vanilla Ice and 50 Cent. If that sounds like I'm not ""down" wid de kids", it's because I'm not. But I know enough of their naescent gangsterism to realise the Vanilla Ice bit is insulting:cool: See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FX_NFOgQEU&feature=PlayList&p=4ACE577DF436C887&index=0&playnext=1

Break dancing is the spinning around, body popping stuff from the eighties. Some skill and loads of practice involved and can be pretty impressive. The utter inanity of it would be of little concern to children though, and therefore a great way for them to keep fit and meet people in a pretty safe place.
    See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IlwMnM_n38

Advertisement