Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County areas with good views of Galway City

Options
  • 02-03-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

I'm currently mulling over a potential move to Galway and I'm looking for some local knowledge.

I'm looking for a house in an elevated location preferably with views of the city. As I'm not too famiiar with the topography of the area could some locals advise me what areas to be looking at.

I posted a similar thread in the Galway City forum last week but just thought I'd post here to get a perspective and advice from people in the county. I've gotten some good advice about areas in the city. I was just wondering if there are areas in the county that have good views. I heard that Tonabrocky (not sure about spelling) has good views. Any others?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

I would say Tonabrucky, possibly, maybe Menlo/Tirellan Heights if you want somewhere a bit closer to town... pretty good view of Galway from up the Burren hills at the back of Ballyvaughan too!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Thanks hoody

Will suss them out

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

The bog up in the Slieve Augthy mountains in Peterswell. You can see the whole county from there.

Advertisement