Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating zone problem

Options
  • 02-03-2009 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a house which has gas heating with timed zones
    (ie. one for up stair, one for down stairs and for hot water) The problem is that when i have one of the zones on the other zones comes on as well even though it isnt suppose to,

Can any one shine some light on this and how to fix this,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭youtheman

Without knowing your setup it's hard to give a definite answer.

There could be an easy explanation: if you have a separate thermostat for each zone and the boler comes on via the timer, then all zones will be on if the temperature is below the set point (I assume you have a single timer). Have you tried turning down each thermostat down to see if the corresponding zone valve closes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

could be a wiring or plumbing problem so if u can describe the system a little more maybe we can help.

On the wiring side, if not done properly once 1 motorize valve is closed the current may be getting to other valves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

As already stated this could be a wiring problem. I posted a drawing (post #6) here showing how this can be wired allowing individual zones to be operated independently.

Hope this helps!

Advertisement