Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leading by example

Options
  • 02-03-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭

just something thats bugging me what are our politicians doing, they spen the entire ard fheis talking about tax rises (fair enough never agreed with the cuts anyway apart from the fact FF wouldnt spend the money wisely) and then we all have to take pain. BUT i dont see the politicians taking any pain. a measly 10% pay cut to the highest paid politicians in europe FG dont escape here with one of their td's saying his circumstances Don't allow him to take further pay cuts well my circumstances dont allow me to be on a 3 day week but i'm on one.

does anyione think that the td's should set an example by taking a 30% pay cut

vouched expenses immediatly

travel and attendance expenses only when your at the dail

would these actually make any difference to the protests would people actually think better of them for cleaning up their own house first. ?

i'm sick to death of hearing about taking pain but i really dont see the dail taking any (and dont get me started on juniour ministers.

sorry for the rant but this really annoys me

Advertisement