Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobblelock recommendation in Cork

Options
  • 02-03-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Heya,

Looking to get a drive cobblelocked in Douglas area of Cork - just wondered if anyone has any recommendations ?

cheers

Andi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Pat O'Mahony did my mother's drive about 10 years ago and she's had no problems with it at all. She got them back to change the steps when she replaced the front door and they did a great job of making awkward heights work.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

I've heard people giving out about cobblelock as weeds are always growing up through it and it's hard to keep clean. There's another kind of driveway that looks like cobblelock, it looks shiny, there are no gaps as it's all one pice and it's cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

I have no idea who does this but if you look in Golden Pages or make enquiries at a large DIY store, they'll probably tell you who to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm going to admit to being an idiot by asking the following:

What on earth is 'cobblelocking'? Is it getting cobble stones put down or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

hes the biggest robber ive ever met! he does good work though. id go for o malley paving they are just as good and are resonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

O malley are good too. As are Classic Driveways. Price around is all i'd say. Oh and be sitting down!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Johnnyjump wrote: »
    I've heard people giving out about cobblelock as weeds are always growing up through it and it's hard to keep clean. There's another kind of driveway that looks like cobblelock, it looks shiny, there are no gaps as it's all one pice and it's cheaper.

think that's the printed concrete, found www.matcrete.ie but not sure who does it in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

kingtut wrote: »
    I'm going to admit to being an idiot by asking the following:

What on earth is 'cobblelocking'? Is it getting cobble stones put down or something?

Look at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanking you most kindly....:D

Advertisement