Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan

Options
  • 02-03-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi, I recently had a bit of bad luck with the finances and have been working hard to get back on my feet. I do however need a short term loan that I can't approach the banks about. I found a 'money lender' online who has agreed to give me the money I need to be paid back over 4 months. While the interest is high I don't really have another option. I have worked out my budget and can cover the cost easily enough. The only problem is that he wants to get my bank details for the deposit from him and I'm a bit wary. As far as I know he can't access my account with just the a/c and sort code numbers but have read a lot of horror stories recently! Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Hi, I recently had a bit of bad luck with the finances and have been working hard to get back on my feet. I do however need a short term loan that I can't approach the banks about. I found a 'money lender' online who has agreed to give me the money I need to be paid back over 4 months. While the interest is high I don't really have another option. I have worked out my budget and can cover the cost easily enough. The only problem is that he wants to get my bank details for the deposit from him and I'm a bit wary. As far as I know he can't access my account with just the a/c and sort code numbers but have read a lot of horror stories recently! Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey,

I would recommend giving your local MABS office a ring. They can help you with regard to budgeting and other options in solving your financial situation. Also, you should ask MABS' advice on the money lender query.

Your local office (if you're still in Dubllin 3):

Dublin North City MABS

Address:
    45 North Strand Road
    Dublin 3
    Tel: (01) 8366925
    Fax: (01) 8366926
    Email: Dublin North City MABS
    url]www.northcitymabs.ie[/url].

Source: http://www.mabs.ie/contact_us/dublin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed - money lending of any kind (whether you feel you can repay, or not) is a *bad* idea. Look for other solutions, even if that includes seeking help/advice from MABS :-)

Advertisement