Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone modding Green Issues?

Options
  • 02-03-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭

There seems to be a distinct lack of moderation on the Green Issues forum over the last few weeks. Just curious to know what's going on in that regard?

Ta.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Stock "did you PM the mod of the forum" answer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ah slideways I wouldnt use that one straight off, how about:

• What are the issues you think need moderation?

• Have you reported posts?

• Maybe the mods dont see anything which requires action?

• Just because you report something doesnt mean the mods will act on it as you think they should.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Captain Planet fell off the wagon again did he?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you have concerns its best report any posts,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

6th wrote: »
    Ah slideways I wouldnt use that one straight off, how about:

• Just because you report something doesnt mean the mods will act on it as you think they should.

Order with your credit card within the next 10 minutes and you'll also receive that timeless classic, "Just because a mod does not post regularly, it doesn't mean they're not active."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

There's a Green Issues forum :confused:

Edit:
    Keeks does - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=189

He's the 189th registered member. Wow :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

javaboy wrote: »
    Order with your credit card within the next 10 minutes and you'll also receive that timeless classic, "Just because a mod does not post regularly, it doesn't mean they're not active."

post of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

A fair bit of CT.
    Affirmative.
    Possibly.
    True. Having said that, the absence of moderators, for the best part of a month, from a relatively busy forum, is a bit unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Last Activity: 26-02-2009 15:34

That's only a few days.

Terry wrote: »
    Last Activity: 26-02-2009 15:34
    From who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I guess the fact this thread has been here for 2 hours and a Green Issues mod hasn't chipped in yet might add weight to the OPs concern.

Keeks is a semi-detached boardsie which is his lookout but might be seen as unhelpful with his Modding hat on.

Maybe Derry would like a go. ;)

Unless I'm mistaken, neither Keeks nor oscarBravo have posted on Green Issues since January. Unless there's another mod I'm not aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

djpbarry wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, neither Keeks nor oscarBravo have posted on Green Issues since January. Unless there's another mod I'm not aware of?

They don't have to post,how do you know they aren't just watching. And waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

mike65 wrote: »
    I guess the fact this thread has been here for 2 hours and a Green Issues mod hasn't chipped in yet might add weight to the OPs concern.

Keeks is a semi-detached boardsie which is his lookout but might be seen as unhelpful with his Modding hat on.

Maybe Derry would like a go. ;)

We're supposed to reply within 2 hours? :confused:

Nope!

I find that whenever a Mods role/ability is raised in Feedback its normally not too long before he/she is on and a few fellow mods rally round ;) Which is why this should be in Helpdesk really (so the OP can get a kicking in a locked room)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Nope!

I find that whenever a Mods role/ability is raised in Feedback its normally not too long before he/she is on and a few fellow mods rally round ;) Which is why this should be in Helpdesk really (so the OP can get a kicking in a locked room)

:rolleyes:

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Nope I just enjoy winding up sensitive mods. I don't know how I ever managed about 3 years modding with skin so thick tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I've never been on green issues,so i've no idea whats happening,just making the point that mods don't have to post to be keeping an eye. Some like to stay out of their forums discussions,whereas some only mod forums they are interested in.

*pokes mike* get rid of the monday blues and have a gooey salad wrap like i'm having ^_^

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sounds like there could be an absence issue, to be fair to the OP.

Though without links to specific stuff that required modding but got none, we don't know if someone actually looked at the reported stuff and left it be. (I don't act on a lot of the stuff that people report - just watch).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

A fair bit of CT.
    Affirmative.
    Possibly.
    True. Having said that, the absence of moderators, for the best part of a month, from a relatively busy forum, is a bit unusual.

You're addressing what you've been asked here and bringing up what might actually be an issue. Fair play.

If you could link to some examples of problems that might help any SMods/Admins that come along.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dades wrote: »
    Sounds like there could be an absence issue, to be fair to the OP.

If keeks logged on two days ago, I'm not seeing the issue.
    If one goes on a bender during the weekend, tis best they keep away from the site.
    Something I'd personally never do as it would interfer with my Modding and loyalty to the site.
    *cough*
    <_<

If you could link to some examples of problems that might help any SMods/Admins that come along.
    Right-oh. There's a bit of Casey-like stuff popping up on a few threads along these sort of lines. Whatever about it being pseudo-CT, most of it is totally OT.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Right-oh. There's a bit of Casey-like stuff popping up on a few threads along these sort of lines. Whatever about it being pseudo-CT, most of it is totally OT.

Did you report anything you deemed to be a problem?

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Did you report anything you deemed to be a problem?
    Yep - the above-linked post is one example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Nope!

translation.
    This thread is not living up to the standards needed to keep the mod conspiracy going, oh noes lets find a way to make it conform.
    Oh I know I will infer that the mods are bullies and helpdesk is them cornering a person.

Really mike65 have you nothing better to be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

As a regular reader and fairly regular poster in green issues I feel I have to agree with djpbarry, in particular certain northern named posters look very much like they're spending a fair bit of time under a bridge.

And although I haven't reported any posts in a while, they seem to try and drag several threads off-topic to suit themselves and generally seems to try and stir the s***, its not a particular post here or there but rather a constant rant bordering very much on CT type material.
    Actually some of the posts are very similar to casey type material (suspiciously so at times but haven't seen enough evidence to say for sure)

Generally I can't fault Keeks or oscarBravo but of late I do feel a little more modding may be needed to cut down on trolling.

Is anyone modding Green Issues?
    So is that a 'No' then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

I am of the opinion that green issues could do with more moderation too.

This has come up before with Keeks, and Oscarbravo seems to me to do most of the day to day moderation. djpbarry would be a good candidate for mod actually.

Hmm. It seems my concerns are not being heard. Perhaps a change of tack is what's required:

cat8_gallery__394x4000.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Shouldn't that read: "I can haz modzhip?" ;)

Though I don't see why not!

Advertisement