Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Tournament Quarter-Finals Draw

• 02-03-2009 12:38pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So it is finally the knock-out stages as we reach the Quarter Finals stage.

Here are the rules for the games
    • You must organise a time with your opponent to play your game
    • All scores must be posted in this thread by midnight SUNDAY night
    • If all scores are in before Sunday I will make the draw that night.
    • If you are unable to play your game before the time-limit you will forfeit the match.
    • All matches are to be best of thirteen legs
    • The game is over once somebody wins seven legs
    • You should throw for the Bull or highest score with one dart to see who throws first

THE QUARTER FINAL LINEUP IS AS FOLLOWS:

Group Winners:
    Passinginterest
    mr.jingle
    Padr81
    AndyP

Group Runners-Up:
    Kingp35
    nhughes100
    Scunner
    Pad180

The Quarter Finals Matches are as follows
    Padr81 4-7 Pad180
    Passinginterest 4-7 scunner
    mr.jingle 7-2 Kingp35
    AndyP 7-3 nhughes100

Good luck to all (especially me!) :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

King35 v mr.jingle is on tomorrow 2.00 if anyone is interested in watching;)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

mr.jingle wrote: »
    King35 v mr.jingle is on tomorrow 2.00 if anyone is interested in watching;)

best of luck jingle's my money is on you no offence kingp but i've played against jingles and he is a top player

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    best of luck jingle's my money is on you no offence kingp but i've played against jingles and he is a top player

Cheers for the confidence boost ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Best of luck to all yis lads..........great idea and standard is v.good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

same here. best of luck to all of you's. will watching a many matches as possible. my money's on AndyP but you never know what will happen when the darts fly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Aye AndyP was a hella strong thrower

im with double top on this one

he came through the "group of death" unbeaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Aye AndyP was a hella strong thrower

im with double top on this one

he came through the "group of death" unbeaten

+1
    He was also a finalist at The Players Lounge!

Is there any odds on this?;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Dunno about odds, but best of luck to everyone, really enjoyed this tournament, love competition and this one was great

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Kingp35 2-7 mr.jingle

Wow well played mate. I just couldn't match your scoring. Loads of tons and 140's, you are a top quality scorer. I didn't score bad I just couldn't get down to the doubles before you. Well done and thanks for the game I really enjoyed it!

If you play like that in rest of games you could easily win this competition.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Kingp35 2-7 mr.jingle

Wow well played mate. I just couldn't match your scoring. Loads of tons and 140's, you are a top quality scorer. I didn't score bad I just couldn't get down to the doubles before you. Well done and thanks for the game I really enjoyed it!

If you play like that in rest of games you could easily win this competition.

Thanks King35 it was a good game as you said i hit a lot of trebles especially at the start of legs but then couldn't get that final double . i'm starting to hit a bit of form now in this and in the pub leagues:D Thanks again for the game

• Advertisement

Go on the jingle's fair play on the win mate pity about your pub form been so good since we're due to play you's soon ha ha only messing me old mucker jingle's to win this comp

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Go on the jingle's fair play on the win mate pity about your pub form been so good since we're due to play you's soon ha ha only messing me old mucker jingle's to win this comp

Sound boss the name is brilliant:D I took it easy on ya's up in the lough but i might not be so easy on ya's in the tassie:D:p

Same goes here mate i'm out for revenge

So when are the rest of you lads playing? I want to watch the matches so post up here whatever time you're playing at!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

Kingp35 wrote: »
    So when are the rest of you lads playing? I want to watch the matches so post up here whatever time you're playing at!

myself and padr81 are playing on fri eve at 7 kingp it suits us both .so take a peek if you like ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Still haven't heard from AndyP

PS dont tell him so I can get a walkover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

nhughes100 wrote: »
    Still haven't heard from AndyP

PS dont tell him so I can get a walkover.

Apologies, pm on the way!!

My match with AndyP scheduled for Sunday at 1pm, should be finished around 1.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭passinginterest

Myself and Scunner hope to play around 11am Saturday. Not exactly traditional darting time I know. :)

just going on there now padr so whenever your ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

sound.

pad180 7-4 padr81

Good game mate, i took far too long to get going. First two and a half legs I was awful and than when you went 3 up I knew I was in for a tough evening.

You seemed to ease off on my throw after that saving yourself for your own. Was a good game of darts in general though. You missed very little when you got in with less than a ton. only really the last leg where you struggled to finish.

pad180 7 - 4 padr81 ,
    unlucky padr good game ,
    the over all game was patchy i think with both of us in and out of scores with me being a bit more consistant in saying that you hit a nice 180 in the
    8th leg which put me back a bit .but i just managed to squeez over the line in the last leg .
    thanks for the game ;)

padr81 wrote: »
    pad180 7-4 padr81

Good game mate, i took far too long to get going. First two and a half legs I was awful and than when you went 3 up I knew I was in for a tough evening.

You seemed to ease off on my throw after that saving yourself for your own. Was a good game of darts in general though. You missed very little when you got in with less than a ton. only really the last leg where you struggled to finish.

funny you said that i am struggling at the moment on me doubles in my league .when i practice its not a problem but see when theres something on the game i **** myself , something i have to over come .:eek:

Well done Pad180, a froup runner-up manages to get through to semi's. Unlucky padr81, no shame in losing in the quarter finals.

Waiting for the last half hour for Scunner. If he doesn't show in the next few minutes we'll have to rearrange as I have a football match to go to.

Giving up now. I have to leave at one and don't want to be rushing to finish. Hopefully we'll get to play later tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

Sorry passinginterest, can we play tomorrow afternoon? The little one is teething and was up half the night, only up now! How about 6 tomorrow evening?

pad180 wrote: »
    funny you said that i am struggling at the moment on me doubles in my league .when i practice its not a problem but see when theres something on the game i **** myself , something i have to over come .:eek:

got the same problem myself. I'm more comfortable finishing 80 with one dart at a double than I am with 3 darts at any double, dunno why really.

KingP35, thanks man, Hopefully I can steady up cause realistically I only threw 1 steady game (against Scunner) and a patchy one against pad180. My other games were well below what I expect particulary my first 9 which were only around a 55 over the competition. Against No.1 its usually high 70's borderline 80. Still I have to say I really enjoyed this comp and you did a great job getting it up and running. good stuff.

• Advertisement

AndyP 7 NHughes100 3

Andy didn't play as well as he can but still stuck in a good few sub 20 darts finishes. He won the first 2, missed some doubles to let me in for the next 3, unfortunately me going into the lead seemed to wake him up and he won the next 5 on the bounce with some heavy scoring.

All the best for the semis.

I was watching your game, was a good close match for the first half. You did very well to come back from 2-0 down but then Andy powered away.

Well done Andy.

Our game should be on at 6 for anyone interested.

scunner is that you that joined the game? No name appearing for my opponent.

Thats me. Dont know why my name not up.

Well done to Scunner 7-4 winner. He broke my throw in the second game and never really gave me a shot on his. I had 120 left to make it 6-5 after finishing 96 to make it 6-4, hit the 60 then hit a single 1. Both of us hit 180's in the match, pretty good standard overall, apart from a few sloppy throws here and there.

Best of luck in the semi scunner.

• Advertisement

Well done lads. I will make the semi-final draw in the morning so those of you who are left keep an eye out!

Good game passinginterest! You really pressured that last leg ,glad to get the double. Great finish in the previous leg with me sitting on a double. Standard was pretty good say for two legs. That early break was all that was between us. You could of broke me in the first! Happy with my game. Best of luck and see you in the next tournament;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

When is the next tournament starting by the way?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

So the 1/4 finals are over.

Who's the favourite?

Having played mr jingle I think my money would be on him.

Advertisement