Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savoy Cinema Popcorn debate

• 02-03-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was at the Cinema last night and went to The Savoy on O'Connell St. Is it me or do they have the WORST Popcorn in Dublin?? Now I've been to most of the big Cinemas at this stage; Cineworld,Liffey Valley and Dundrum. The Popcorn has always been great.

The Savoy however is awful. There seemed to be more salt in my Popcorn than anything else. I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this, but it takes away from the general cinema experience when the (overpriced!) Popcorn is almost inedible.

What do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yes, Savoy popcorn is pretty crap.

Cineworld all the way! Oh man I miss that place :( ...though not the price of the popcorn however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Never thought it was any different then other Cinema's offerings.

Popcorn is never the same anywhere without lashings of heart-blocking, artery-hardening butter...

Nummy nummy nums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

The Savoy seems to get more expensive every time I go there, and they only do student rates at odd times... Cineworld all the way! They have a Been & Jerry's stand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yeah and the B&J ice-cream is a fiver for a tiny little tub. That place is the most extortionately priced place in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Passenger wrote: »
    Yeah and the B&J ice-cream is a fiver for a tiny little tub. That place is the most extortionately priced place in town.

Make friends with an employee, they get a sweet discount!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

€3.30 for a bottle of water? Good luck. Their popcorn is great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 am97395331

Sorry Brian (if that is actually your real name) but the popcorn is freaking beautiful in the Savoy!

You obviously don't get out much.

My guess is you're a bit of a nerd who spends most of his time playing his PS3. Loser.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

am97395331 wrote: »
    Sorry Brian (if that is actually your real name) but the popcorn is freaking beautiful in the Savoy!

You obviously don't get out much.

My guess is you're a bit of a nerd who spends most of his time playing his PS3. Loser.

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ha! What a delightful fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Go to blanch most of the time, popcorn is much nicer there and they do butter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thebigredmachin

think you were a bit harsh banning that guy faith (if thats really your real name)

He may have been a bit harsh on the original poster but had a valid point about the popcorn.

This moderator madness must stop

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

think you were a bit harsh banning that guy faith (if thats really your real name)

He may have been a bit harsh on the original poster but had a valid point about the popcorn.

This moderator madness must stop

Take it to the Helpdesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Cineworld popcorn is the way to go.Warm with just the right amount of salt...yum!!

Advertisement