Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People playing Street Fighter Iv with Xbox controller?

• 02-03-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there many of you out there playing street fighter iv with the ordinary controller and how are getting on with it?

Im using one and am not too bad. Not sure if its lack of practice or what but im only decent with Ken really. Guiles double flash kick is impossible as are his ultras. Can anyone tell me is it im just **** or is it the controller?

Also last night when trying to get used of cancelling I realised back dash with the analouge stick doesnt even work half the time. Is that my controller or again me being ****?

Would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

TBH having similar problems with a normal controller on the PS3.. I generally enjoy fighting games and it's usually only the longest many button press requiring stuff that I have difficulty pulling off..

but with the new sf4 I'm having constant problems - even with a lot of the simple stuff. frustrating :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I play with the regular 360 controller but use the analog stick. I have almost no problems-the only thing you need to be careful with is making sure you input the shotos super/ultra command fully (2 full QCF) or you get an EX move (like EX SRK).

Guile and all the charge characters are much easier to use with the analog.

I have little probs dashing with the analog...it takes a bit of practice though.

I played you and I didnt get the impression you were missing moves at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

With Ken im ok as his moves dont require complicated movements. I suffer from that problem with the ultras though. Dont know how many times instead of pulling one off I do an EX move or his fierce dragon punch rather than his super combo.

Have you any tips in trying to get Guiles double flash kick? Its crazy hard.

It was mainly when i was trying the cancelling and learning how to set up ultras that I found my moves werent just coming off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

joe123 wrote: »
    With Ken im ok as his moves dont require complicated movements. I suffer from that problem with the ultras though. Dont know how many times instead of pulling one off I do an EX move or his fierce dragon punch rather than his super combo.

Have you any tips in trying to get Guiles double flash kick? Its crazy hard.

It was mainly when i was trying the cancelling and learning how to set up ultras that I found my moves werent just coming off.

It's probably the second hardest ULTRA to pull off reliably but it's much easier to do on the analog. Honestly, the best thing to do is to go into the training mode and set the revenge and super gauges to maximum and dont stop until you can pull off 10 in a row without a mistake. Once you can do it consistently, it'll come natually during the game.

It works best just after getting up or when you have blocked an unsafe move such as Shoryuken. When you get knocked down or are blocking, keep DB pressed...by the time you are rising, you can do DF DB UF and KKK quite quickly. However, dont do this if you see your opponent is a capable blocker.

TBH, I don't use it that much as if you miss, you are left incredibly vunerable. Don't use his super either as his EX moves are FAR more valuable, especially EX Sonic Boom. When you are beating the hoards of Kens in the final round, they rely alot on hadoken spamming from a distance. Invariably, they will have used their EX gauge for EX Shoryukens earlier and if you need to trade projectiles with them, you'll have the upper hand at their game. A Shoto character will always produce more projectiles than charge characters so if you feel you are losing the race, take a jump forward but immediately charge your next Sonic Boom (EX if possible). This will give you the advantage again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have only played it once in a friends house, and used the regular controller and found the d pad to be too sensitive for the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dpad is awful, can't play at all.

Analogue stick is fine (but obviously not ideal), just takes awhile to get used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I get on fine using the analogue stick on the Xbox controller, I usually use Cammy and I rarely have any problems pulling off any of her moves, I even managed to unlock the 10-win streak online last night which for me is a big deal as I haven't played a beat 'em up in years. I borrowed my mates Hori arcade stick for a bit and I hated it, I used it a few times over the weekend then put it down and went back to the analogue stick, haven't picked it up again since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I play with the regular 360 controller but use the analog stick. I have almost no problems-the only thing you need to be careful with is making sure you input the shotos super/ultra command fully (2 full QCF) or you get an EX move (like EX SRK).

That happens to me constantly, seriously, constantly. I lost my patience with the game big time on Friday over this type of thing.

I find it easier to do the ultras with the d-pad but I find character movement a lot easier with the analog.

I also find the shoto characters Ultras/Supers easier to do as part of a combo, its like the game is expecting you to use them so will make even a slightly sloppy effort work

I would love to try the arcade stick

Advertisement