Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling training for Triathlon - Big Ring or Small Ring

Options
  • 02-03-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Is it best to train in the small ring and get the revs in your legs at this time of year or should you train in the big ring, pushing gears, for developing more powerful legs? Or is the simple answer, a mixture of both. Any tips?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Spins wrote: »
    Is it best to train in the small ring and get the revs in your legs at this time of year or should you train in the big ring, pushing gears, for developing more powerful legs? Or is the simple answer, a mixture of both. Any tips?:confused:

Brought this topic up in the cycling Forum a while back and there was a fair bit of advice on it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055423197

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

After absorbing the collective wisdom on the subject here and on other sites, I concluded that I should try and keep my RPM in the 90's when training (as that's how I will be racing) and I select a gear accordingly. I have a triple and spend probably 95% of my time in the middle chain ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Thanks Guys,
    Loads of info in that thread link.
    Much appreciated.

Advertisement