Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help, Wireless info, o2, vodafone, meter

• 02-03-2009 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can anyone advise me on which network they think is the best for wireless connection. I have just bought a new laptop & am going to use it for work also. As our office has a server & through it i will be able to connect into our files from home or even on site. & I was to pick the best wireless connection out there. So how do you think is the best out of the options available to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Best is a very subjective term when talking about mobile broadband. The best one for you, is something only you can decide, as experience varies from user to user, location to location, and minute by minute.

Get each on on trial, if possible, and check it out for yourself. Recommendations will never be accurate enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tara29

Can i do that. With o2 i know its a contract first. & really want to get it set up this week. I am in the midlands area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Unless you need mobility, get real fixed broadband (Cable, Wireless or DSL/Phoneline) and a WiFi (Wireless) Router to use it anywhere at home.

You mention "on site". Only go for Mobile if that is the important aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tara29

What i mean by on site. Is building sites, thats why i cant use broadband. Thats why i am going for the wireless option. Just the best one or the one best recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All the recommendations in the world will be meaningless if it doesn't actually work at your location.

You'll probably find that O2 is the most recommended, and that practically nobody would recommend Three. However, you may find that Three is the only one that actually works for you. There's no way to know before trying it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement