Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linguistic problems

Options
  • 02-03-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

how do i assign a structure (tree diagram) to these words???? : reconstruction, faithful, disappearance, consumerism.i have no idea how to do these, urgent help needed !!!!please and thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭clickerfingers

it has been quite a long time since i had to do tree diagrams of single words so i cant really remember. you should get the book that the lecturer reccommends as i remember it basically does the diagrams for you!
    if your really struggling you should go to the lecturer as the entire linguistics department (including Jamal the syntax lecturer) are all very helpful and down to earth and usually have no problem helping students and giving them extra time if needed. you could also try one of the tutors as they are all excellent in that department also.

all i can remember is that you break each word into morphemes, so for example it would be re construct ion and then you must decide which morpheme is the stem etc. i think it goes like this : construct - construction - re construction .... but like i said i cant really remember so i may have the last 2 done the wrong way

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sinnyl

i suspected that was how they were done,but couldnt be sure!!
    thank you so much for your help and i shall take your advise aswel and talk to the lecturers.thanks so much :D

Advertisement