Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sigh... Copying and Pasting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Yeah, that is a bit annoying.

They could at least have spent 60 second changing the text a bit.

I guess it shows they are a bit careless. I won't be giving them my business so. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

contact them. tell them you are sorry you misspelled compromising and that you are ringing them so they can fix the spelling error! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

AMAZING!!! YOU MAKE THE PRICE!!! IT'S REALLY TRUE!!!!

Anything he's done is in all caps :D "I'VE GOT A DELIVERY FOR YOU? WHERE DO YOU WANT IT? I CAN SUGGEST A FEW PLACES!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

deisebabe wrote: »
    contact them. tell them you are sorry you misspelled compromising and that you are ringing them so they can fix the spelling error! ;)

Hehehe, I did spell it right on my site, I swear :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IrishBusiness

how annoying OP - the content on your site is copyrighted to you, you should mail him and give him a scare :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Invoice him.

Ah I don't think I'd get very far with that :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Call and book him for a job.

Tell him you want the content of your website moved to another site.

Tell us how he reacts. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Contact the 'author' and ask them politely to remove it immediately. If that doesn't bear fruit contact Gumtree and ask them to remove it and failing that advise them that if the content is not removed immediately you will be contacting your solicitor, Google, Yahoo, MSN etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

But he has changed the text! He changed 'compromising' to 'comprimising'.

Pity he didn't copy the phone number too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

a tad annoying

its a form of flattery in a way i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

I've had a similar problem. I will PM you the contact persons email at Gumtree who will takeit down for you.

Thanks again for the responses everyone :) Some good suggestions but I think I'll just take it as a form of flattery for now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks again for the responses everyone :) Some good suggestions but I think I'll just take it as a form of flattery for now :pac:

You should see his profile on maybefriends.com. Don't know where he got your photo from!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

cormie wrote: »
    Ah I don't think I'd get very far with that :)

Your probably right, Gettyimages are looking for €1,215 from me and they can keep whistling, it was for a blurry 75px x 75px image and it wasn't even hosted on my website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I just reported the advert as it's in violation of the Gumtree terms and conditions.:
    Gumtree wrote:
    As a condition of your use of Gumtree you agree that you will not:
    * infringe any third-party right;
    * copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;

You have a copyright symbol on the end of all your pages as well as the 'All Rights Reserved' text. That should be enough to get the advert pulled :D

Advertisement