Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgages

Options
  • 02-03-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I have found a housethat I would really like to purchase and that has been reduced to a bargain price. the only problem is I know I wont be able to get a mortgage or will I? really my question is anywhere giving mortgages to first time buyers and how much would i need to have as a desposit for a mortgage of around €325,000?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Bank of Ireland launched a €1billion fund for lending to first time buyers at an initial rate of 2.45% fixed for the first year. As part of the recapitalisation they must provide an additional 30% capacity for lending to first-time buyers. As far as I know AIB are doing the same thing. Not sure how much of a deposit you'd need but the more you have the better your chances are.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0217/mortgage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

kazza90210 wrote: »
    I have found a housethat I would really like to purchase and that has been reduced to a bargain price. the only problem is I know I wont be able to get a mortgage or will I? really my question is anywhere giving mortgages to first time buyers and how much would i need to have as a desposit for a mortgage of around €325,000?

thanks

why not call into a bank and ask?

they generally be able to answer you directly instead of us all guessing.

most banks are offering 92% so for most banks you will require at least 8-10%

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

thanks guys for the replies, I suppose I will just have to approach the banks and see the worst they can say is no

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

10 to 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kazza90210 wrote: »
    thanks guys for the replies, I suppose I will just have to approach the banks and see the worst they can say is no
    There's some sort of mortgage plan. The Sunday Indo was talking about the low uptake of it. Forget the title of it. Seems to be for people who couldn't get a loan cos the tightening of the banks purse strings?

• Advertisement
Advertisement