Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivium?

• 02-03-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Does anybodym actually like these, I hate their lead singer he's almost as arrogant as that ejet from avenged sevenfold. He'll do anything to be famous, first album mostly screaming, then he announces they don't like any bands that scream so they release an album with all singing (Badly) realise it didn't sell and go back to screaming...bleeding hypicrits they are and muck...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I never got into them,they have a good drummer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I saw them supporting Iron Maiden once. I thought they totally sucked. Heafy is totally arrogant. He tries the James Hetfield shtick way too much. They are decent musicians alright, but they are just way too samey-samey and arrogant. Very like A7X. Saw them supporting, you guessed it, Iron Maiden too. Utterly awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

They're not my kind of thing. What really annoys me is the influx of young bands around the place who sound exactly like Trivium. I think it sounds so bland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I used to like them. Great musicians but too cocky for their own good. Saw them about 3 years ago in the Ambassador and they were quite good but they seem to have a kind of "we're better than you" type of vibe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The singer is arrogant alright,he'd want to get his head out his arse :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I dont think he's as bad anymore, he used to be pretty intolerable though.

I liked Ascendancy and The Crusade, only got the new album last week, not really into it. First band I ever saw live :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

More hype than substance imho. They are good musicians but all their albums just sound like rehashed riffs from Sacred Reich, Metallica etc mixed in with a vocal style that is just as unoriginal.

Four albums in and they are still meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

well i liked all their albums bar the crusade... saw them in the ambassador a couple of times. yes they (esp heafy) are arrogant etc but musically they arent as bad as people make out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i saw them in the ambassador with god forbid, i think it was in 05 or 06. Have to say, it was a really good gig..

I dunno, Ascendancy was decent i thought. The rest of their albums are pretty useless. Like the crusade was verging on copyright infringement as far as rehashing old metallica riffs and vocal styles is concerned.

Probably the worst thing about trivium is their influence. Iv seen so many younger bands try to imitate them. The thing is though, aside from being unoriginal, you have to be very good musicians and have a decent sound guy behind you to pull off that sort of super speed widdly metal, alot of the time it all blends into itself and sounds like muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DeanML

They're all sound lads, but like it was already said, Heafy will do anything for a bit of publicity or money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Utter crap.

Have they a new album out this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Have they a new album out this year?

Yes, "Shogun".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Does anybodym actually like these, I hate their lead singer he's almost as arrogant as that ejet from avenged sevenfold. He'll do anything to be famous, first album mostly screaming, then he announces they don't like any bands that scream so they release an album with all singing (Badly) realise it didn't sell and go back to screaming...bleeding hypicrits they are and muck...

I like them but yes the singer seems like a ballbag

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Really enjoyed "Ascendancy", as someone already said "the crusade" was borderline copyright infringment, latest album "shogun" lies somewhere in between.

Saw them at their most recent dublin gig, musically very tight, had a laugh with the crowd, played a cover or two and messed around with a few more, and brought out the support bands to play with them and mess around for the last 2 or 3 songs which i thought was a cool gesture - very good gig overall!

That said at least 2 of the 4 of them do seem like wánkers, but unlike alot of people here i'm not too shocked to hear that there are guys in bands that are like this! Hell i know people in college and at home that are arrogant, cocky and ignorant, and they have achieved alot less in their lives than the guys from Trivium or any similar band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

Just thought i'd say, Heafy is far from a prick, he's actually one of the nicest guys ive had the pleasure of hanging out with. He goes out of his way for fans.

But i can see how people think he's arrogant due to his onstage behaviour.
    But, offstage the dudes incredible humble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

They are awful tbh but at least they made me laugh when i heard that track were they actaully put crowd responses ( call and answer shtyle) in the song haha How presumptious is that!?!

actually they played down in cork before xmas and I was gonna go see them :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

I once ate a big huge bag of donkey ****e, the result of my bowel movement was Trivium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Terrible band, for some reason i like from the sky or whatever the single was off there new album.......thats about it though.

Wreaks my head to see so many people calling themselves metal heads cause they listen to trivium. There influence on people is ferrociously annoying but id rather people listening to trivium than 50 cent i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i like the albums, but as mentioned already crusade was kinda rubbish.

but why is everyone talking about how cocky, arrogant the band members are. who gives a **** what they are like. You either like the music or you dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i like the albums, but as mentioned already crusade was kinda rubbish.

but why is everyone talking about how cocky, arrogant the band members are. who gives a **** what they are like. You either like the music or you dont.

have to agree here. If the music is good then thats all that really matters. And on top of that, They are ROCKSTARS. They are allowed a little bit of arrogance I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

have to agree here. If the music is good then thats all that really matters. And on top of that, They are ROCKSTARS. They are allowed a little bit of arrogance I reckon.

Ah but theirin lies the problem, They are rubbish and have in no way earned their attitude. For reference see: Vanilla Ice, Peter Andre, Creed, Oasis etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

helios12 wrote: »
    Ah but theirin lies the problem, They are rubbish and have in no way earned their attitude. For reference see: Vanilla Ice, Peter Andre, Creed, Oasis etc

Milli Vanilli, Bullet for My Valentine, there all quite shocking in terms of homosexuality.

Advertisement