Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance?

• 02-03-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just curious what Health insurers people are with and what plans they went for? I'm nearly 25 and i've never had my own health insurance. Just trying to figure out what peoples experiences are and what info they might have

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I there are threads on this in the Consumer Issues forum ... this question has cropped up in there a few times.

Jump to the forum and search for 'Health Insurance'

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=5784865

You might find what you need there, or maybe just more discussion.

Personally, I've always had health insurance, more by accident than design, as part of the various jobs I've held over the last 15 years or so. Now that I'm married with kids, I have extended the health insurance to cover the whole family.

It's an expensive enough proposition, so shop around and find what's right for you.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Happy121

I have paid for VHI (plan B) since I got married 17 years ago. When our two children were born we added them to the policy. It costs about €2,900 per year.

Well worth the peace of mind that you will be able to get the medical assistance you need, when you need it. At some stage in life, you will need it.

It is hard enough being sick without having to worry about the cost of being sick.

Advertisement