Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake N82?

• 02-03-2009 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I bought a Nokia N82 from Ebay and it arrived this morning, I think it is a cheap copy.......how do I know for sure....there are a few things that me think this......
    1. First half of the manual is Chinese other half English.
    2. The phone was made in India, as far as i know all nokias are made in Finland.
    3. Also the place where you insert the SIM card doesnt seem to be straight.

Its a lovely phone and the seller was extremely helpful, and has 100% positive feedback. I haven't got in touch with her yet, I just want to find out how i know is a cheap copy before doing this.

All views greaatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Patti D. wrote: »
    1. First half of the manual is Chinese other half English.
    if it's from china it would have a chinese manual. not necessarily anything to worry about
    2. The phone was made in India, as far as i know all nokias are made in Finland.
    nope. only when the phone is first released and bugs are still being found. then it's shipped off to cheaper countries. mine was made in hungary.
    3. Also the place where you insert the SIM card doesnt seem to be straight.
    can you take a few pictures of it and post them, including that part. fakes are usually very easy to spot.

also go into help->about and see if it gives you a blurb about the S60 platform and being a copyright of nokia
    and does it have a 5MP camera? To check, turn on the camera then press options->settings->image quality and see if there's a 5MP option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Post a link to the eBay item maybe ?
    Does the battery have a Nokia hollogram ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Patti D.

also go into help->about and see if it gives you a blurb about the S60 platform and being a copyright of nokia

Yes it does have that

and does it have a 5MP camera? To check, turn on the camera then press options->settings->image quality and see if there's a 5MP option[/quote]

When I go intpo Image quality its says - Print 5M - Large

The battery does have the hologram on it and here is the link
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150326879997&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Looks kosher to me.
    The little silver "tray" that you put the SIM in is very delicate - I can imagine it could get bent easily,

I don't think it's an issue as long as the SIM's in there nice and secure.

I've bought 2 from eBay myself and haven't come across any fake ones - not like the N95 / N95 8GB !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Put your IMEI in HERE Hey presto .

• Advertisement

I put the number in and its says it a Nokia N82 does that mean that its not a fake?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Should be , it gives you IMEI Validity Assessment , should say Very likely

Yep, got very likely so looks likes its the real deal.....many thanks to you all :D

Advertisement