Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for great deal on new kitchen appliances & kitchen fitters

• 02-03-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I am in Lucan, County Dublin. I am looking for recommendations on where I can get a great deal on the following hob gas or ceramic, integrated double oven & integrated dishwasher. I don't mind driving to the North to collect if the price is right....also if anyone knows a reputable company who will fit a kitchen for a reasonable price. That would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rokz

im looking as well....any luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

for the kitchen appliances - Seamus Watters in Culloville. Saved hundreds on my applicances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Panelling centre often have good reductions on kitchens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mick Bloggs

Forget about all these diy place's, there doing the same rubbish stuff all coming out of the same suppliers in cardboard boxes. Try some reputable out of town people. The way things are at the moment they will work out cheaper & everything comes made up & fitted in a couple of days - hassle free.

Forget about all these diy place's, there doing the same rubbish stuff all coming out of the same suppliers in cardboard boxes. Try some reputable out of town people. The way things are at the moment they will work out cheaper & everything comes made up & fitted in a couple of days - hassle free.

so sorry...but i must admit if money was no option i would do as u suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

The way things are at the moment they will work out cheaper & everything comes made up & fitted in a couple of days - hassle free.

It'll still be mad money; no comparison to the flat pack DIY merchants ....... irrespective of the current climate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Dont forget the "Reputable" guys will most likely use the same materials to make your "Exclusive" kitchen ;)

Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you can think of about materials used & what's behind all the glitz’s & glamour, there is a vast difference in standards out there. Look for a long established company actually manufacturing with independent quality accessed products to be assured of a long life job. Of course make comparisons with prices, no doubt most of the industry here are chancing there arm when it comes to the latest fashions including the big name shops. I carry out price comparisons regularly & there are a number of manufacturers very competitive to the big stores when you take everything into account. Some will sell on a take away basis if you wish to install yourself.

well..if you can suggest to me who can compare with ikea..regarding quality and costing....i would be very gratefull.

You may have gusted I’m involved in the industry a long time, now the longest surviving Irish manufacturer. I don't agree with plugging businesses on these sites sharing of info is for everyone. Quality of product just does not come in to it if we’re looking at Ikea & the like, as for cost as I say make a detailed comparison including the service element of the job particularly overall responsibility for the completed work & a no jive written quarantine. Remember it's like a Ryan air flight - it's thrown at you on a pay up front take it or leave it basis & you could end up with a pig in a poke & cost more than your budget! For the alternative look for people with some affiliation to an independent governing body such as ISO9000 or the UK based furniture industry research association. Good luck with your project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭vectra

rokz wrote: »
    well..if you can suggest to me who can compare with ikea..regarding quality and costing....i would be very gratefull.

Have you tried Cash&Carry Kitchens?
    Not sure if they have a depot in your area.

Advertisement