Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killylastin Area - Opinions?

Options
  • 02-03-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering if any of you know much about the Killylastin area, Up around Killylastin Heights estate. Is it a nice area or are there problems etc.. Just an overall opinion if any you know.

Thanks!

(Killylatsin, Letterkenny)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is Killylastin Heights one of the new estates?

I was living near Killylastin up until last year (Glendale Manor), and thought it was OK for the most part. Main grievances I had were one night two young fellas ripping the wingmirror from the van right outside my bedroom window! And some eh... boisterous neighbours from time to time.

Are you thinking of moving up there? If it's one of the new estates up closer to Ard Rí, it might be better than where I was, but I'd suggest it'd be no harm to drive around the area, see potential neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

It's in a very good location, just on the edge of the town. Close to everything. Two minutes walk from the mini shopping complex - shop, petrol pumps, pub, restaurant, take away, hairdressers. Roads into the area are not great, long string of speed ramps one way, poor surface another way, and winding narrow back road the other. Very high up so it's windy most of the time. Frost/snow usually stays for days after it's thawed everywhere else. The last cold spell was a disaster up there!

Think a planning request went in late last year for 400+ houses and offices, etc but this is hardly likely to go ahead now.

byte we wuz neighbours! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Its an ok area, i live about 2 mile on out that road near clarmans corner. a while lot of boy racers about apart from that grand spot, only thing is when the weather is bad its terrible but when its good its great, as in i find that we tend to be the first snowed in.

In by cuain ard(i think its called) seems to be the best estates to live in around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Cheers for the replies guys. Yeah I was thinking about buying a house in the area but I found out yesterday that the proposed new ring road will go right past the house! So not too keen on that. The ring road might be a fair way off yet but if we bought we'd be stuck after it was completed because I doubt it would sell too well after the road goes past it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vettieotoole

Hi Chris_ie,

We are looking at houses for sale in Killylastin heights. Do you have any more information on the ring road that you mentioned? Can you tell me where the house was that you were looking at that the ring road will go right past? I have searched for info in this proposed road and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 PatrickMcG89

Not a bad area of Town
    Just a few Bad Eggs nearby
    Shop and Petrol Station Closed for a few years
    With Just the Pub and the Chip Shop and Hair dressers left

Advertisement