Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dundrum the only Bennigans in Dublin?

• 02-03-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Just wondering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I hope so. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It's not Bennigans anymore its Brannigans and its horrible with rude staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

You think? I thought it was pretty good actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I was down in Brannigans tonight. Touch confused at the name change as it's been about 6-7 months since being there.:D

I think it's a great place and I/we always get a superb level of service with a smile.

Tonight I met Rick the Manager on my way into the cinema and his way out. Quick chat, told him I was seeing a movie and would be up around 7-7.30pm. He'd hold a table.

Arrived up at 8, duplicity took longer than expected. Rick was there, as was Helena and Hussain both warm smiles despite my 6-7 month absense. Had to wait 5 minutes for our table, booth by the window overlooking the fountain. My fault the wait as we were half and hour late.

The lady on front of house is great as well. Overall the place is great, food is spot on and not overly expensive.

In conclusion I like the place.

I find if you are nice to people you get the same back.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Pity being nice doesn't change the quality of the food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Crap food (always had really dry burgers) and way overpriced for what you get. I think its the only one in Dublin thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

The Guvnor wrote: »
    I was down in Brannigans tonight. Touch confused at the name change as it's been about 6-7 months since being there.:D

I think it's a great place and I/we always get a superb level of service with a smile.

Tonight I met Rick the Manager on my way into the cinema and his way out. Quick chat, told him I was seeing a movie and would be up around 7-7.30pm. He'd hold a table.

Arrived up at 8, duplicity took longer than expected. Rick was there, as was Helena and Hussain both warm smiles despite my 6-7 month absense. Had to wait 5 minutes for our table, booth by the window overlooking the fountain. My fault the wait as we were half and hour late.

The lady on front of house is great as well. Overall the place is great, food is spot on and not overly expensive.

In conclusion I like the place.

Do you or did you work there by anychance considering you seem to know all the staff??

I've been there twice and will never go back. Food is not great despite the lovely pictures on the menu. Disappointed both times with food and the people I was with were not happy with the quality of their food.
    You live and learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

There was one in parkwest but I think it is gone, or changed its name to something else (possibly Brannigans).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Lexus1976 wrote: »
    Do you or did you work there by anychance considering you seem to know all the staff??

I've been there twice and will never go back. Food is not great despite the lovely pictures on the menu. Disappointed both times with food and the people I was with were not happy with the quality of their food.
    You live and learn.

No never worked in any restaraunt. I've been there a few times, maybe 7-8 times over what a 3 year period. I know the staff as I talk to them when there and they recognise me when I go back and vice-versa.

As I said I like the place and the people who work there.

Advertisement