Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Feedback

Options
  • 02-03-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Has anyone worked for that Marketing Company, TippOff Marketing, based in Clonmel? Their always advertising positions available online, on the job sites, and I am very tempted to apply. But I don't think I can work for them ,if it involves trying to push sales on people on the street or going around, door to door, or if its working on commission, only. I'm looking for some feedback here.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think it involves phone sales,but i could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

aka79 wrote: »
    Has anyone worked for that Marketing Company, TippOff Marketing, based in Clonmel? Their always advertising positions available online, on the job sites, and I am very tempted to apply. But I don't think I can work for them ,if it involves trying to push sales on people on the street or going around, door to door, or if its working on commission, only. I'm looking for some feedback here.:confused:

hi. DO NOT WORK FOR THESE GANGSTERS!!!!!!!

I went for an interview to tippoff marketing for a summer job a few years back. I was told I would be calling to "clients" selling them products. the example used was cutting out the supermarket, and going direct to the consumer. Got Job. was pretty happy. went for the Observation day. arrived in Waterford at 11am (was told I'd be home by 6). when I arrived, met workers. grand. some seemed happy enough about their work. got told what the job actually entailed. COLD CALLING to peoples front doors selling Eircom phonewatch. It gets better. Commision based! (even though I was told it wasn't at interview). went along anyhow as I wanted to see what it was all about.

Got abused at door after door for about 9 hours solid.(found out that reps had called to same estate 2 months prior and 2 months prior to that again) -{1 man actually threw something at us and told us if we step inside his gate, he'll attack us} NO SALE and I found out that you don't get out of the office until at least 10pm each night. I had to pay petrol money to travel to Kilkenny. I was raging when I got home to Carrick.

A friend worked with them also even though I told him not to. He was trying to get people to sign up for concern. was getting 20 quid per sign up. he did it for 2 weeks. signed up 10 people. had to pay out about 50 on petrol and 70 on lunch and stuff. You can't draw the dole while working with these guys and also the only real winner is the head guy. I think he gets the same as you for every sale you make. Google the company and also Cobra group if memory serves me correct as they are a subsidery of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aka79

Looder, That reply was a very good one, that u sent me! Its completely accurate! Becoz since I posted my original message, I since, went ahead and decided to go for the post, since Im unemployed at present! I done the same thing you did, which was went for an "observation" day. And oh my god, did my eyes open up! They too, took me down to Waterford. Gave about 2 and a half hours circulling different housing estates, and then after all their big jargon talk about what ground to cover, they finally decided to do door to door on one small street, in an estate! Selling Charity, for Deaf Children! It felt so wrong! I actually felt like a Jehovas Witness walking around. We walked from door to door for over 4 hours, and we only got one sale! (with all their great talk about getting a minimum of 3 sales a day, BullS**T). It all felt so wrong, and I felt quite emotional going along the route, because alot of the people we knocked on doors at, were either after been made redundant, unemployed, or were on the last legs of their job, and were soon to be made redundant. And the one sale we got was from a woman who was let go from her job, a year ago. It felt so wrong, to take money from innocent hard-working people! Then, like you said, we returned back to the office, and I was sitting there waiting to talk to the head guy, so that he could get my feedback. Shur I didnt get home until 11.30pm!!! ANd they originally told me that I would be there from 12.30pm until 8.30pm! (ya, 8.30pm, leaving waterford city!!!!!!), Total Crap the whole thing! And their "Business Development Plan", which they were trying to promote to me, sounded nothing more than a pyramid scheme , if you ask me!!!!!! Never again am I going to apply for a commission based, field sales position. Its the lowest of the low, when it comes to working! And as you rightly put it, Gangsters!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

aka79 wrote: »
    Looder, That reply was a very good one, that u sent me! Its completely accurate! Becoz since I posted my original message, I since, went ahead and decided to go for the post, since Im unemployed at present! I done the same thing you did, which was went for an "observation" day. And oh my god, did my eyes open up! They too, took me down to Waterford. Gave about 2 and a half hours circulling different housing estates, and then after all their big jargon talk about what ground to cover, they finally decided to do door to door on one small street, in an estate! Selling Charity, for Deaf Children! It felt so wrong! I actually felt like a Jehovas Witness walking around. We walked from door to door for over 4 hours, and we only got one sale! (with all their great talk about getting a minimum of 3 sales a day, BullS**T). It all felt so wrong, and I felt quite emotional going along the route, because alot of the people we knocked on doors at, were either after been made redundant, unemployed, or were on the last legs of their job, and were soon to be made redundant. And the one sale we got was from a woman who was let go from her job, a year ago. It felt so wrong, to take money from innocent hard-working people! Then, like you said, we returned back to the office, and I was sitting there waiting to talk to the head guy, so that he could get my feedback. Shur I didnt get home until 11.30pm!!! ANd they originally told me that I would be there from 12.30pm until 8.30pm! (ya, 8.30pm, leaving waterford city!!!!!!), Total Crap the whole thing! And their "Business Development Plan", which they were trying to promote to me, sounded nothing more than a pyramid scheme , if you ask me!!!!!! Never again am I going to apply for a commission based, field sales position. Its the lowest of the low, when it comes to working! And as you rightly put it, Gangsters!!!!

hi. sorry I didn't post it sooner. They promoted that pyramid scheme thing to me too. It's like if your really lucky, you actually can make money from this job but the majority of people will not. I'm currently a final year marketing student and I dread to think that that is marketing. I've worked in call centres, supermarkets, **** I've even washd dishes in a restaurant getting paid less than minimum wage but this was by far the WORST day of my working life.

On my observation day, I was told I was going out with the best sales person the company had and that he had made the most sales in the past 3 months yet no sales were made that day. Their office was over the Credit Union at the time I was there and it amazed me that such a scam could get an office in the middle of the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mswunderbar

I was stung by this scamsters, It's a sign of the times that I was so desperate for work that I signed up to go door to door selling Eircom phonewatch. Ended up knocking on doors in the South Dublin area, mostly getting the door slammed in my face. It's so humiliating and it ended up sapping all of my self esteem. They convince you that you can potentially make 600+ a week

In the interview I was fed a load of spoof about how I could be running my own company within a year (the idea being that I get some other poor suckers to knock on doors for me). I guess this is basically how a pyramid scheme operates. It seems that they go through a lot of staff, people wise up to what is on going pretty quickly.

I actually felt sorry for some of the people who seemed to swallow all the BS, all the marketing buzzwords and the idea that they were executive hotshots (like Michael Douglas in Wallstreet)

I was surprised that Eircom would be involved with this shower.

• Advertisement
Advertisement