Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Scumbags!

Options
  • 02-03-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Theres an old homeless guy I see on shop street some nights. He seems like a harmless old sod, he has a bag of some food and a little dog with him, never seen him drinking or shouting at people, unlike some of our resident bums! But on Saturday night I was walking up shop street after work and saw two guys spitting at him and roaring abuse at him from about 2ft away. I confronted the two lads (both of whom were well into their 30's) and told them to "f*ck off", which they did! Wat a shower of scumbags, really and truly the poor guy is down on his luck and there was absolutely no need for them to be pr*cks!

Just needed to get that rant out of my system!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Careful now!

You nearly restored my faith in human nature there.

Plenty others will tell you that you should've minded your own business/might have got a kicking yourself (or worse)/ they'll go back later & give the auld lad worse etc etc

I'll settle for saying fair play to you. I f*cking hate bullies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

some people are just compleate tools, bet they felt like big hard men as they stood over him, great that you put them in their place, when ever i see someone in his situation i usually pop into mcdonalds and throw them a burger, might only cost you or me a euro or so but they appreciate it,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

chrussell wrote: »
    I confronted the two lads (both of whom were well into their 30's) and told them to "f*ck off", which they did!

Well done sir. I'll stand you a pint of whatever you're having if I ever meet you at a boards beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I like that old guy if it is same person thinking about - have seen him share his food with the dog and always keeps them nicely wrapped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Well done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Theres an old homeless guy I see on shop street some nights. He seems like a harmless old sod, he has a bag of some food and a little dog with him, never seen him drinking or shouting at people, unlike some of our resident bums! But on Saturday night I was walking up shop street after work and saw two guys spitting at him and roaring abuse at him from about 2ft away. I confronted the two lads (both of whom were well into their 30's) and told them to "f*ck off", which they did! Wat a shower of scumbags, really and truly the poor guy is down on his luck and there was absolutely no need for them to be pr*cks!

Fair ****s to you OP. Well done for not knocking them the **** out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    I like that old guy if it is same person thinking about - have seen him share his food with the dog and always keeps them nicely wrapped up.

Ah yeah he's a harmless oul lad, I always throw him a euro or two when I see him. He's as gentle with the dog!

Fair play OP. Certainly gives me hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Well done sir!! scum like them need to be told to go away as they don'thave the intelligence to know that they are such p****s!

Well done sir. I'll stand you a pint of whatever you're having if I ever meet you at a boards beers.

Be careful what you promise, he maybe a whisky drinker and that could become a very expensive pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Well done that guy....

its a long road without a turn, Karma can be a bwitch, they'll get theirs...

• Advertisement

A real life 'The_Citizen'

Good job, I hate **** like that happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The 2 pricks would be on camera , report them to the guards for public order offences .

Probably spent the day in the pub watching sky sports the ***** .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

scumbags are just scumbags..fair play..i'd probably have lost it and had a go at them..and im sure someone else on the street would have helped me too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Well done OP.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

Well done chrussell

I hate bullies too. The most vulnerable groups seem to be . . .

children
    animals
    old people
    women

not necessarily in any order. I class our friend in Shop Street as simply being 'old' for the sake of this post. When I see cruelty to any of the above it sends shockwaves through me that last a long time. It makes me feel so sick, sad, desperate, helpless and makes me see my world as being a very dark place.
    I hate to admit that I might have behaved in a more cowardly manner than you did. You are a brave soul who has made a difference. Well sone again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Bad form on their part-its not classy.However I dislike most of the homeless in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭GunScope

Well done OP, it angers me when some people think they are superior to others.

Thanks for taking a stand for the old guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Fair play OP
    Galway needs more like you
    Stand up Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Nice one OP, could do with more of that around here.. people nowadays are just too intimadated by scumbags and knackers that they wont do anything...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Bad form on their part-its not classy.However I dislike most of the homeless in Galway.

That's a sweeping generalisation to make, have you actually met anyone who is homeless and talked to them?
    Are you talking about the visible homeless we see sleeping rough or the homeless who have to stay in hostels?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Fair play to you. Lesser person would have walked on convincing themselves it was none of their concern.

Reminds me of last Thursday night. Think i'll start a new thread actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 midouri

WISH THERE WERE MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!!
    YOU SHOULD REPORT THEM TO THE GARDAI, THEY WON'T BE SUCH HARD MEN THEN!!
    THEY COULD PROBABLY GET THEM ON CCTV...YOU SHOULD SHAME THEM AND TELL THE GARDAI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

snubbleste wrote: »
    That's a sweeping generalisation to make, have you actually met anyone who is homeless and talked to them?
    Are you talking about the visible homeless we see sleeping rough or the homeless who have to stay in hostels?

Yes I have and I wasnt impressed.Ive also asked questions about their situations as not to make a hasty judgement.
    Also I said most homeless not all and this would be of the visible type-obviously.The man in question seems a decent sort from what Ive seen of him.I never condone that treatment of anyone by anyone regardless of who they might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 derekg7723

Fair play to you man!! Bloody assholes. I have seen that homeless guy too and he is harmless. Its a pity we all dont have your guts to stand up to dickheads like that. Knowing my luck, I'd probably get the tar beat outta me!!:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

midouri wrote: »
    WISH THERE WERE MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!!!
    YOU SHOULD REPORT THEM TO THE GARDAI, THEY WON'T BE SUCH HARD MEN THEN!!
    THEY COULD PROBABLY GET THEM ON CCTV...YOU SHOULD SHAME THEM AND TELL THE GARDAI

Unfortunitely I don't believe the gardai would do too much about it, would they?? Haven't seen him around since, hopefully he's got abit of luck somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

Unfortunitely I don't believe the gardai would do too much about it, would they?? Haven't seen him around since, hopefully he's got abit of luck somewhere!

I wouldn't count on the Gardai these days either. They don't like to get involved when they are on duty.

Well done chrussell. A++

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Might I say heartiest congratulations on your intervention in stopping the bullying but next time get backup. The two scummers could have had friends close by who could have made life difficult for you.
    I remember when I started work in Galway 30 years ago we had a man who worked in our area who was ex Foreign Legion, army type who knew how to handle himself but was nice to know and got on well with everyone.
    He saw a fight in progress in a chipper one night and one of the lads was much bigger than the other one so he decided to break it up.
    Another person there got a knife into his ribs and while he was down a lot of the people kicked him. He was hospitalised for months afterwards and came back to work looking much older and with a scared look in his eyes I will never forget.
    While I admire him hugely for his courage I must advise that anyone thinking of intervening get back-up before they do. Get someone to watch your back while you restrain or beat off the attacker and get someone to call the guards.
    5 seconds preparation could save your life.

Advertisement