Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to live around Sligo

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Old galaxy shop? What's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Used to be a cyber cafe afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Another nice part of Sligo is the Cliffoney/Streedagh/Mullaghmore area.

Very scenic,nice beaches and still not too far from Sligo town itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

There used to be an asian store on Market street as well, if I remember correctly.

Great deals on spices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Old galaxy shop
    Galaxy

Great didn't know that. Thanks a million for that!! knew about the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

There was an Asian shop in the Market Yard, between the wee garden center & Flanagans Cycles. Think it may be gone now though...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭HiKite

Just to let ye know we made the move and moved to Skreen, it's pretty out here, we have the Ox Mountains to the back and the Atlantic to the front. Pity about the weather these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Audrey001

Hello, my husband and I are moving to Sligo in the next month and are currently living in Carlingford in Louth. I am looking for a property to rent similar to where we currently live 'with some amenities within walking distance to the house, ie a cafe, shop, pub, gift shop, etc. I have spent a week in Sligo and visited numeris towns and can't seem to find anywhere that is like this, we need to be within a 40min drive to Sligo town. Has anyone got any suggestions. Thanks Audrey :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Coolaney 10

Hi
    Would you be interested in a rental in Coolaney that might meet your needs. It's a very quaint, very tidy village around 20 mins from Sligo. Sure let me know.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

I know Carlingford is a lovely maritime town so I would think the closest we'd have to that would be Mullaghmore, which doesn't have the hustle and bustle of Strandhill or the house prices of Rosses Point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Audrey001 wrote: »
    Hello, my husband and I are moving to Sligo in the next month and are currently living in Carlingford in Louth. I am looking for a property to rent similar to where we currently live 'with some amenities within walking distance to the house, ie a cafe, shop, pub, gift shop, etc. I have spent a week in Sligo and visited numeris towns and can't seem to find anywhere that is like this, we need to be within a 40min drive to Sligo town. Has anyone got any suggestions. Thanks Audrey :-)

What have you ruled out?

Advertisement