If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies deal - Wireless Music Streamer - 80% off original RRP!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

I'm having exactly the same issues with the internet radio on mine, have mailed Philips support last weekend, but no reply as yet. Delighted with the streamer otherwise, I was expecting alot more lag while browsing the library... its great! If we could get the radio feature working, all the better...

Got a reply back from Philip's support on this issue with Internet radio, I'm at work so can't test this [can someone else give it a shot?]
    ===
    Thank you for contacting Philips regarding your SLA5520 and the issues you are experiencing with the unit.

Please first log in to your Club Philips account and delete the device if you see it registered there.

After this reset the unit back to the factory settings.

Now you can fill your email address in again to the unit.

Please use the same email address as you have used to register to Club Philips.

Now you should receive a confirmation mail to your inbox and after you have clicked the link in the mail, the device will be registered back to the Club Philips.

Now you can use the online features normally.

Please let us know more details if the problem still persists.
    ===

I think I have already tried all the above, although not in that order - might be worth a shot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

nope tried that no joy (got same email from phillips) sent them an email back probably help if they turned their servers on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Doesn't work, that was mentioned on one of the Forums linked earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Didn't work for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi All

Firstly sorry in the delay in getting back to you all re the problem in streaming Internet Radio - we haven't forgotten you!

I've been on to Philips Ireland regarding this issue and they are working on a solution.

I hope to have some sort of solution for you all today.

In the meantime for those who wish to return the unit for a refuned, that is absolutely no problem. Just ask for myself (Ash) when you call into the shop. I can be reached on (01) 474 0788

Folks I'm very sorry to hear the hassle those of you trying to access Internet Radio are suffering and as soon as we have a working solution you'll all be the first to know.

Atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

Thanks for the update Ash.

Hopefully Philips will sort this out for us - I'd really like to get this feature working...

Hi folks

A little update. Philips have bump this issue up the food chain and across to the product designers and tech bods in Europe.

I hope to have good news by mid next week for.

Please accept my apologies on this delay - we really dont like stuffing people around!

Cheers
    Ash

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi folks

A little update. Philips have bump this issue up the food chain and across to the product designers and tech bods in Europe.

I hope to have good news by mid next week for.

Please accept my apologies on this delay - we really dont like stuffing people around!

Cheers
    Ash
    Thanks for the update, Ash. It's appreciated.

I'm sure I can manage to wait another while! Look forward to your update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Hi folks

.....Philips have bump this issue up the food chain and across to the product designers and tech bods in Europe......

Nice work Ash, crack the whip, no time for slackers...

(Although don't mind me, I haven't even turned the thing on yet :) )

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

apologies again for the web radio issue on the 5520 - we are just trying to keep you on your toes - what use is technology after all if it works straight out of the box? :o

Now - I'm not promising anything, lot's of you know what a tease I am - but uncle Ashley may just have played a complete blinder for all you wannabee 5520 Web Radio geeks - and when I say that he may have played a blinder - I mean one that I did not even have the cheek to suggest!

We will keep you posted on Monday/Tuesday latest to see if someone high up in Philips is as good as their word and delivers on a promise - if they do you will all have to line up and buy uncle Ash a drink (ps he does not drink so I will stand in for him for this ardious task) :P

ATB and Keep you posted,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

byte

Oooh, that sounds most interesting!! :)

I'll definitely look forward to whatever he comes up with!

byte wrote: »
    Oooh, that sounds most interesting!! :)

I'll definitely look forward to whatever he comes up with!

Told you I was a tease!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

johnmc wrote: »
    Guys,

apologies again for the web radio issue on the 5520 - we are just trying to keep you on your toes - what use is technology after all if it works straight out of the box? :o

Now - I'm not promising anything, lot's of you know what a tease I am - but uncle Ashley may just have played a complete blinder for all you wannabee 5520 Web Radio geeks - and when I say that he may have played a blinder - I mean one that I did not even have the cheek to suggest!

We will keep you posted on Monday/Tuesday latest to see if someone high up in Philips is as good as their word and delivers on a promise - if they do you will all have to line up and buy uncle Ash a drink (ps he does not drink so I will stand in for him for this ardious task) :P

ATB and Keep you posted,

John Mc

This realy is getting interesting now.....I hope it works because otherwise its a nice little piece of kit.:)

Hi Guys

Just a few things I need to sort re the SLA5520 but as John says the news is looking good.....

I'll say no more on that for the time being:)

Oh, one ERROR John has made which I feel needs correcting..
    I'm an Australian with Irish blood what does that tell you???
    Just because I'm off drink for lent doesn't mean I can't stock pile free beers! (I was given 2 choices, either give up drink or give up meat for lent.......hardest choice I've had to make in a long time:()

Anyway, talk later

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ash, John,
    Got this setup today (only got round to it this weekend), and its fantastic.
    The Philips Music manager is a dog, especially on my Vista 64bit so I must recommend TVersity. Its much less prone to crashing and you can also add internet radio feeds, bypassing the problem with the Stremium servers.

Thanks again lads for the great offer,

HJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Ash, John,
    Got this setup today (only got round to it this weekend), and its fantastic.
    The Philips Music manager is a dog, especially on my Vista 64bit so I must recommend TVersity. Its much less prone to crashing and you can also add internet radio feeds, bypassing the problem with the Stremium servers.

Thanks again lads for the great offer,

HJ

Yes, but that means you have to have your PC running to have internet radio, defeats half the purpose of the Stremium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

quenching wrote: »
    Yes, but that means you have to have your PC running to have internet radio, defeats half the purpose of the Stremium.

True I suppose, my machine is always running so it suits me.

Hi Guys+Gals

We are still working on a solution (or mega deal if the solution keeps dragging its heals!) for all who are waiting on the internet radio side of the SLA5520 to be sorted.

Please bear with me until Wednesday if you can....That can't be too much to ask can it? sure we'll all be in the pubs tomorrow anyway eh?:D

Until then have a great St Patricks day!

cheers
    Ash

byte

Cheers Ash

I for one can surely wait another few days. Should be sober enough Wednesday to see what solution you have come up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Hi Guys+Gals

We are still working on a solution (or mega deal if the solution keeps dragging its heals!) for all who are waiting on the internet radio side of the SLA5520 to be sorted.

Please bear with me until Wednesday if you can....That can't be too much to ask can it? sure we'll all be in the pubs tomorrow anyway eh?:D

cheers
    Ash

Same to you Ash. Thanks for sorting my father-in law out. Cant wait to hear what happens with this..............:D

You're not working tomorrow? :confused:

Betcha John Mc is ;)

Only joking Ash. Thanks for all your efforts with this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Hi Guys+Gals

cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash - just received my unit in the post, as you said I would. Will await update anxiously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

How did I miss this?:mad:
    Don't suppose you've got any left lads?

podge3 wrote: »
    You're not working tomorrow? :confused:

Betcha John Mc is ;)

Only joking Ash. Thanks for all your efforts with this problem.

Thanks Podge,

...Slip you that fiver later today..

ATB,

John Mc

Hi Guys

Just a few things I need to sort re the SLA5520 but as John says the news is looking good.....

Ash

Hi Ash/John - any update on this, I'm getting nowhere with Philips support, they have told me the issue is definitely not on their end... the boardies here would disagree :)

Hi folks

Right, I can offer a replacement to all Boardies who want to be able to access the Internet Radio through this unit but don't want to use TVersity.

Of course if your happy with the SLA5520, please continue to enjoy it!

I'll have replacement units available from next week.
    For those wishing to exchange the unit please pm me with REPLACEMENT in the title bar so I can dig you out of my messages....

Thanks guys for you patience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Ash, just out of interest, what is different with the replacement unit? Assume it is a hardware change rather than just an update in the Philips software supplied.

Ash

Is there any hope of the radio function ever being sorted out?

• Advertisement

Hi Folks

For all those you with a SLA5520 that want to be able to access the internet radio side of things I can replace your unit with the NP1100

See this link for details and spec
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/n/np1100_05/np1100_05_pss_eng.pdf

This unit DOES allow access to internet radio - One of my colleagues has tested it and it works:D.

As I mentioned earlier if your happy with the SLA5520 please continue to enjoy it, It's great for streaming the many 1000's of tracks that lurk on most peoples hard drives and never get the chance to be played through a good hi-fi system!

I'll have these next week and will pm all those who contact me looking to exchange the unit.

Guys Sorry this has dragged out but as I dont have a fix for the SLA5520 Internet Radio access this is the best solution I can offer - Its a pretty good one I hope you agree!

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.