If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies deal - Wireless Music Streamer - 80% off original RRP!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Folks

For all those you with a SLA5520 that want to be able to access the internet radio side of things I can replace your unit with the NP1100

See this link for details and spec
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/n/np1100_05/np1100_05_pss_eng.pdf

This unit DOES allow access to internet radio - One of my colleagues has tested it and it works:D.

As I mentioned earlier if your happy with the SLA5520 please continue to enjoy it, It's great for streaming the many 1000's of tracks that lurk on most peoples hard drives and never get the chance to be played through a good hi-fi system!

I'll have these next week and will pm all those who contact me looking to exchange the unit.

Guys Sorry this has dragged out but as I dont have a fix for the SLA5520 Internet Radio access this is the best solution I can offer - Its a pretty good one I hope you agreWe!

atb
    Ash

Ash
    What price are these retailing at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Johndoe77ie

These are selling at €149.99 (same as the SLA5520) in store at the moment but will exchange SLA5520 with these units as required.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

Hi Johndoe77ie

These are selling at €149.99 (same as the SLA5520) in store at the moment but will exchange SLA5520 with these units as required.

Cheers
    Ash

Don't suppose you have any SLA5520's you want to sell me @ €24.99 so i can exchange it for one of those np1100?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Are the SLA5520s still available?

Hi Sean_K

mmm... I was planning on sending them all back.

BUT if anyone wants one I'd be happy to sell them on this understanding - they are bought with full knowledge that the Internet Radio side of them doesn't seem to operate.

As far as getting music from your Hard Drive to you hifi they work like a charm so if thats what you'd like it for no worries.

(And NO I wont be selling any more of these to exchange for NP1100 later!!!!)
    It seems a good few folks love the SLA5520 and want to keep hold of theres - lets face it for €24.99 they're a bloody steal!

I'll confirm availability tomorrow morning and post back

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm late to the party on this one. Is there SLA5520's still available for E24.99? If so can you pm or email me on how to purchase?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Ash & John - what a way to sort out a problem! Thanks a million, appreciate the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i would just like to add my thanks to ash and john, i dont know of any other company that would do this. i dealt with richers sounds in the early 90's and its nice to see julian richer's ethos is still the same (i didnt get some free cd's that were on a what hifi offer the morning the offer started wrote to julian he sent me back 10 cd's and a personal letter ) just asking for the replacement pm sent. as this was going in the kitchen ,mainly for internet radio.

so thanks again i need a new amp i will be heading to richersounds when i have some money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Thanks lads. Great solution ;-)

John, I'll be in Belfast next week, looking forward to seeing the mythical Richer Sounds shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

+1
    Definitely above and beyond the call of duty!
    Your customer service is second to none!
    Thank you John & Ash - I will definitely be purchasing all my future TV & hifi needs from RS.
    - Niall
    i would just like to add my thanks to ash and john, i dont know of any other company that would do this. i dealt with richers sounds in the early 90's and its nice to see julian richer's ethos is still the same (i didnt get some free cd's that were on a what hifi offer the morning the offer started wrote to julian he sent me back 10 cd's and a personal letter ) just asking for the replacement pm sent. as this was going in the kitchen ,mainly for internet radio.

so thanks again i need a new amp i will be heading to richersounds when i have some money

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks lads. Great solution ;-)

John, I'll be in Belfast next week, looking forward to seeing the mythical Richer Sounds shop!

Heebusjeebus,

Hey guys dont get your hopes up about the shop - it's tiny & we don't waste our money on shopfitting! We just cram it with lots of tasty gear at silly prices - Drop us a line before you go up, especially if there is anything you are looking for and we will ensure we have it available for you and that we get one of the guys to look after you personally, and don't forget that if you ever want to grab any of the RS HIFI deals we can get most of them in The Philips Shop as well shortly where we are soon to start stocking a wide range of Hifi and Av products.

Thanks again for the kind posts!

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Howdy guys

OK for those wishing return the SLA5520 that were posted out you can post them back to us and we'll send out the new units as soon as I have them.

Please post them to:
    The Philips Shop
    19/22 Dame Street
    Dublin 2

THE IMPORTANT BIT
    When sending the SLA5520 back PLEASE include you name (+ boards name) and full address so I can keep track and make sure no one gets missed out! (please make sure you send back all the bit's and pieces that came with it as well:))

Those who collected directly from the store - Once I have the replacements in I'll let you know.

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful sunny day....

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

Just want to echo what everyone else has been saying, thanks for sorting this out so well. You don't get customer service like this very often.

Bought some hifi separates from richersounds last month, again got a great price,great service and very fast delivery. I know where all my future hifi purchases are going!

Thanks again and keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Hi Sean_K

mmm... I was planning on sending them all back.

BUT if anyone wants one I'd be happy to sell them on this understanding - they are bought with full knowledge that the Internet Radio side of them doesn't seem to operate.

As far as getting music from your Hard Drive to you hifi they work like a charm so if thats what you'd like it for no worries.

(And NO I wont be selling any more of these to exchange for NP1100 later!!!!)
    It seems a good few folks love the SLA5520 and want to keep hold of theres - lets face it for €24.99 they're a bloody steal!

I'll confirm availability tomorrow morning and post back

cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

I'll take one of the returned units for €24.99 if there's any spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

OK for those wishing return the SLA5520 that were posted out you can post them back to us and we'll send out the new units as soon as I have them.
    Seperate wrote: »
    Hi Ash,

I'll take one of the returned units for €24.99 if there's any spare.

Would it be possible for someone who is returning one of the SLA5520s to send it on to another customer who wants one?

Just a thought.....

HI Seperate

I'll keep you in mind for when I start seeing these back.

Podge3 - I'd have to say no to that idea!
    I'd need yours back to exchange for replacement unit.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Is there any problem with returning the unit if you don't have all the packaging and box that it came in.

Thanks.

WHAT!
    You've thrown out the packaging before you set it up!!
    ....only joking:)

I dont see that being an issue this time (I hope)

just place it and it's bits in some form of box for protection in the post.

Cheers
    Ash

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm late to the party on this one. Is there SLA5520's still available for E24.99? If so can you pm or email me on how to purchase?

thanks.

not sure if that's a polite no but could I get a response on this? A subsequent poster was replied to after me, so i guess its a possibility.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Thanks Ash i will stick it in the post on Monday.

Have a good weekend.

• Advertisement

Hi Quarryman

Sorry I missed your first post re this. (I'm not as perfect as I sometimes think.....hate that!)

I dont see that as being a problem.

I'll let you know when I start seeing these back.
    PLEASE NOTE that this would only be sold on the understanding that you DONT need Internet Radio.

If your ok with this I'll reserve one for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Podge3 - I'd have to say no to that idea!
    I'd need yours back to exchange for replacement unit.
    No worries, Ash.

Its just that An Post are going to make a fortune sending these things all over the country :) i.e. I send mine back to you and then you post out to someone who has asked to to reserve one. The postman will make a fortune ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

thanks Ash & John,

Another great product at a great price. working a treat with tversity. Only now I must clean up all the tags on my mp3 collection!

oh, thanks for throwing in the free scart cable aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Id like to take one of the returned units if possible. Would be very handy for music streaming and I dont really need the internet radio..

Let me know when they come in.
    Thanks.

Hi Quarryman

Sorry I missed your first post re this. (I'm not as perfect as I sometimes think.....hate that!)

I dont see that as being a problem.

I'll let you know when I start seeing these back.
    PLEASE NOTE that this would only be sold on the understanding that you DONT need Internet Radio.

If your ok with this I'll reserve one for you.

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash. Yep I have no problem with the lack of Internet radio.

Let me know when you get one back and I'll make the order.

q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bigjt11

good morning, i will take one orf your hands, if you have any left, have sent you an email

Cheers

John

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've just popped my SLA5520, original box and all the ancillaries back in the post this morning. Thanks Ash for sorting us out so well with replacement units :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Hi Ash, I'd like to exchange the 5520 please when the 1100 is available. I have to say this level of customer support is incredibly rare these days, keep up the good work. Thanks again CDB

Hi CDB

No worries, my pleasure

your added to the list.

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ned78 wrote: »
    I've just popped my SLA5520, original box and all the ancillaries back in the post this morning. Thanks Ash for sorting us out so well with replacement units :D
    Yeah, I've popped my two in the post (registered) this morning also. I'd expect you'll get them tomorrow.

I also agree that the level of service is excellent, keep up the great work.

I'll look forward to getting the 1100's. Thanks again (can't say thanks often enough :)).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.