If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies deal - Wireless Music Streamer - 80% off original RRP!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Thanks for reserving one Ash, got my hands on one of the returned units today and workng perfectly so far for music! Now to sort out my thousands of id3 tags... :o

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

Thanks to Ash for looking after this thread and I can see how popular the SLA5520 has been!

Just like to say thanks to Lisa Hunt from Philips Ireland who has sorted us out with the replacement 1100's - given the 5520's were bought as a bin end - Philips really have stepped up to the mark and gone way beyond the call of duty - it would have been way cheaper for them to just write the 5520's off an tell us to do refunds!

Anyway just wanted to say thanks on behalf of Ash & myself and hope you are all enjoying your streamers..

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

John,
    Does this mean that the replacement 1100s are ready to pick up?

If so I'll drop in and swap my 5520 for one on my way home from work :)

Thanks again for the excellent service!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

pumbah wrote: »
    John,
    Does this mean that the replacement 1100s are ready to pick up?

If so I'll drop in and swap my 5520 for one on my way home from work :)

Thanks again for the excellent service!!
    Ash said he'd let us know when he got them (he did mention today though)

Can't wait to get my hands on mine! :D

Fair play to Lisa @ Philips, as well as Ash speaking on our behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Guys

Well folks, the replacements have finally arrived into me:D

So to all those who requested a replacement for Internet Radio - come on in!

Those of you that sent them back to me (list of names received to date below) will have them posted out Monday 30th.

Byte x2
    Mullers x1
    Ned78 x1 + living colour remote - thanks
    Hefty_Langer x1
    Rafared x1
    Selfbuilder1 x1 (arrived this am)
    Ednwireland x1
    Jspuds x1

Thanks again for your patience in waiting for the Internet Radio issue to be resolved.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Woot, can't wait. Going to be great to have this setup and running in the house. Thanks again Ash, well happy with the service mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

hi guys....i presume there is probably none of these left?! if there is, i would definitely be interested in one! thanks alot!
    oh and i've emailed you about this too john...cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Picked up mine in the Philips Shop today. Great service (from Nicola?). I was so impressed by the level of customer care that I'll be back again to spend a lot more money on a HIFI setup for my new place at some stage.

Hi Quarryman - Thanks for the kind words - (that will boost Nicola's ego!!!) Glad to finally get them sorted.

Spongerobinson - hope you enjoy your SLA5520.

Cheers
    guys
    Ash

Guys + Girls

I have a few returned (in very good nic) SLA5520.

Some have already been snapped up by eager Boardies but if anyone else would like one AND is happy that the Internet Radio doesn't work as is says on the box (fellow boardies seem to recommend TVersity as a work around) post up on this thread and I'll set one aside for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Ash,

I'm assuming you've my name on one of those ? Thursday's delivery was spot on, all good, thanks.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Can you set one aside for me?
    Also can you post to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Hi Ash,
    Could you please set one aside for me and I'll collect on Monday.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Hi folks

The Ritz - yep I sure do - reserved in my office for your ggod self. Glad your liking the MCD908.

Joe250 - I have one reserved for you as well, pm me your number and I'll contact you tomorrow.

Zep - not a problem will mark one up for you. See you monday

Have a good weekend guys

Ash

thanks alot again ash. great little unit for the price! just gotta get it working with my NAS drive now, and then i'm sorted!!

Is anyone else having problems with the SLA5520?
    I got one of the returned units but it only seems to work from time to time..

I have twonkyvision media server running on a winxp server which is picked up perfectly by all the laptops, my phone (n82) etc..

On the 5520 it only picks it up from time to time. Yesterday I restarted it multiple times.. to no avail, couldn't pick it up (could see it perfectly on my phone at the time)

Then this morning it picked it up fine and I played a song, a few mins later when I pressed the home button it was no longer finding it but when just skipped through songs with the next button it works fine (but couldnt adjust what I wanted to play because I couldn't find the music menu)

At the moment it's not working for me at all.
    I have no idea what's wrong, the wireless network seems fine, I can see it in the attached devices in the router and the device get's an ip fine.. It also dosen't respond to media controllers (Cidero, my phone)

Anyone else having similar problems?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

redisle

I have twonky running on my NAS and i have tversity on an XP server. The tversity works fine everytime, the twonky is very very hit and miss even though their sharing the same information

not sure if its any use to you, but i'm planning on installing Mediatomb on my Western Digital My Book World soon. Its supposed to be a great alternative to Twonky as its free and also it lists the SLA5520 under the compatible device lists. Check it out and see if its any use for you.

Thanks lads, Il give Tversity a go then maybe try the other one,
    Will get back with results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Redisle wrote: »
    Thanks lads, Il give Tversity a go then maybe try the other one,
    Will get back with results.

Hi, No issues here either with tversity, but I did find that in certain parts of the house the sla55220 had issues connecting to my wireless router where the laptop that no issue.

• Advertisement

Hi guys

Just a little update for all who posted back SLA5520
    Your replacement units are winging their way to you now.
    they were all posted this am.

You should see them in the next day or so

Enjoy them

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

Picked my replacement up from Nicola in the Philips Shop @ lunchtime.

Big thanks to John, Ash and all the guys for their most excellent service!

will definitely be back looking for more goodies as soon as the work on my house has been completed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Ash,
    I'll be dropping back my SLA5520 into the Philips shop on Wednesday, if that's ok - for replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Got my replacement yesterday and it works perfectly! Thanks to Ash for sorting this out in the best possible manner.

Thanks Ash
    I received my SlA5520 this morning.
    I have the internet radio working on it.
    Have they sorted out the problem?

joe250 wrote: »
    I received my SlA5520 this morning.
    I have the internet radio working on it.
    Have they sorted out the problem?

ROFL if they have :D

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

joe what are you using to get the internet radio working on it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mykro28

Picked up my replacement yesterday. A BIG thanks to Ash and the team and Philips. It works like a dream!

Thanks again......

joe what are you using to get the internet radio working on it??

Using software on SlA5520 and put in email address and password that i have for philips streamium as i already have a MCI300.

Now just to get my NAS drive working with it

• Advertisement

My 1100 just arrived in the post. Looks great, and can't wait to set it up at home tonight. Will report back when it's squirting Polish radio stations all around my house :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.