If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies deal - Wireless Music Streamer - 80% off original RRP!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

joe250 wrote: »
    Using software on SlA5520 and put in email address and password that i have for philips streamium as i already have a MCI300.

interesting. I didn't even try the internet radio on mine as i assumed it wouldn't work.

Anyone else have luck with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi all

I have a few SLA5520 remaining.
    If anyone is looking for a VERY cheap means of sending music from their Windows Media Player to their hifi this is ideal.

They are still at the silly cheap price of €24.99 (at that price you should buy two and give one to a friend...)

Just post up here and I'll reserve one for you

Cheers
    Ash

Hi folks

I hope everyone who posted the SLA back now has the replacement up and running.

Hope you can enjoy the Internet Radio stations now!

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Richie Blackmor

Hi Ash,
    Yes please, I would like one of the returned SLA5520s.
    Thanks Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Ash I'll take one if you have one left.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ash il take one too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Internet radio is now working on my SLA5520 :D:D:D

I tried again this evening and got the registration email.

I also did a software update.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Podge is a genius!

It's official - how would you feel about going for the head boffin job at Philips in Holland Podge??

;)

ATB and well done,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

johnmc wrote: »
    Podge is a genius!

It's official - how would you feel about going for the head boffin job at Philips in Holland Podge??

;)

ATB and well done,

John Mc
    Unfortunately I am undeserving of such accolades, John :). And the only job I would get at Philips HQ is probably tea-boy ;).

I have been trying the 5520 every few days and today it just worked. I reasoned that they were bound to fix the problem in the end as I'm sure there were more than us Boardsies with such problems.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I got my NP1100's today.

They're rigged up now and working perfectly. Thanks Ash for everything. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I got my replacement today and its working away perfect. Thanks to Ash for all his work on this and the outstanding customer service. Will be buying all my future HE equipment for Richersounds/Philips Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mullers

Got the replacement up and running today. Thanks again to Ash/John for looking after us, customer service is second to none. Will be doing business again.

Hi All

Richie Blackmor, Wizard Archer & Davy I'll reserve one of the returned SLA5520 for each of you later today.

Just mention your Boards name when you come in to collect it - oh and don't forget to ask for your FOC cable - don't be shy now!

Good night & sweet dreams.
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I got mine up and running tonight, it didn't appear to like my wireless security settings, so I ran a cable to my router, which is only 3 foot away :D

The 1100 looks a lot better with the Sharp TV I bought from Richersounds a few weeks back, as they're both black. Even cooler is that when the 1100 is off, there's a clock on the display.

Very very happy, and so is the other half now that she can listen to Polish radio without having to have a PC on. Ash, John ... you're legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frank11

Hi Ash,
    If there is any left can you put one aside for me. Make it two of them if availalble.

Cheers.
    AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi all

If anyone is looking for a VERY cheap means of sending music from their Windows Media Player to their hifi this is ideal.

They are still at the silly cheap price of €24.99 (at that price you should buy two and give one to a friend...)

Just post up here and I'll reserve one for you

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the kind words - I don't know what to say ecept it does my ego good:o

Richie Blackmor, Wizard Archer, Davy and Frank11 (x2) I have reserved the SLA for you all in my office just ask for me when you call in.

Have a good day
    Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

ASH

just wondering what price you could do the NP1100. want to hang onto the sla5520 but the wired element of the 1100 would suit me for another area in the house

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thanks for the np1100 great sort out thanks ash, john and phillips, evrything perfect straight from the box.

manage your np1100 ( i hope havent tried yet but will once i get home) from your pc

http://www.cidero.com/

looks like i might be able to use it for my soundbridge as well ( now to compile for pocket pc)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Recieved the replacement unit yesterday Ash, thanks for the excellent service....havent had time to get it up and running yet but its a nice looking piece of kit.

Thanks again Ash.

Hi Rafared

Once you get it plugged into your system you wont look back - it is a nice bit of kit, looks a bit like out latest TV's with the Flair design...

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

set up my replacement 1100 today. Great piece of kit. A world of radio stations now await me! Thanks again to Ash and everyone at the Phillips shop for sorting this out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Thanks to Ash and Thomas for their help today. Got the SLA unit replaced, and was persuaded to buy a 5m goldplated HDMI cable (for elsewhere) at a bargain price.
    Once again, stunning service!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Again thanks to Ash and John, got my replacement 1100 today, setup was simple and its working perfectly :)

Cheers lads, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

AshMiller wrote: »

Hi Ash

I'll take one (or two if available).

Cheers
    Haz

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Set up the 1100 last night. Its a great device. The internet radio works flawlessly and is very quick to load/navigate. Thanks again.

Hi Hazbot

No worries, I'll reserve 2 for you.

Just mention your boards name when you call in to collect them

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Finally got round to setting up the 1100 last nite and it was well worth the wait. It was easy to set up and internet radio sounds awesome through my Onkyo 876.
    Thanks again Ash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jp4480

Ash

Can I take one of the SLAs if you've any left?

Will pick up in the Philips Store.

Cheers,

Hi Jp4480

I'll shuold have a few left, I'll reserve one up for you.

we are open to 6 tonight and 10-6 tomorrow

atb

Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

I'll take an SLA posted ....

Also want to chat to you about getting some additional speaker stands ..

thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.