Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoSleeper - your opinions?

Options
  • 02-03-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

So finally #2 is on the way!
    We've been thinking about using the co-sleeper here: http://www.cots.ie/ for the first 3-6 months.

Has anyone had any experience with this product?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

All I know is I wouldn't want it on my side of the bed!

I'd wonder if it doesn't make it too easy to react to a baby that really needs to learn to sleep?

Congrats, btw. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

We've been thinking about using the co-sleeper here: http://www.cots.ie/ for the first 3-6 months.

We had the larger (Universal) version of this for the twins, and it lasted us until they were 8 months old. I found it very good as it allowed the kids their own sleeping area, thus we didn't have to be afraid of accidentally pulling a duvet over them or their little feet kicking us and waking us, but they were very close so we could see them and I could scoot them over for breastfeeding at night. It also really saves space, as we only had a small bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

i didn't experince this product but sounds like a good idea. because every parent is different when it comes their children and bed time. i think whatever makes you feel comfortable really.

because when me and my boyfriend moved house i forgot to pack one part of our daughters cot and we pushed it up against the bed and for the couple nights of that i found it handy to give her the dummy and sooth her because she was teething at the time.

so the co sleeper sounds practical and helpful. but then again its it your child usin so really it is upto you and your partner.

congrads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fruityruthie

I am using mine at the mo, would highly recommend it!! It's great being able to just reach over and attend to babs! I'm going to be lost without it when I move her into her own room!

Congrats on the news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks for everyone for your kind words and your advice on the co-sleeper. I think we are going to go ahead and get it. We need something (we had a Portland crib for #1 but thought it was just too narrow for the baby once she reached 6+ weeks (like a little dancer in her sleep so she was!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I have the larger one, bought in the states for half the price they sell them for over here, and i'm still using it 18mths later. Couldn't have lived without it in the early days, made breastfeeding so much easier. Now it's his cot and folds so easily as a travel cot too. It's only now getting a little too small so i'll be buying a cot/bed soon and it'll be used as a playpen. Can't reccoment it enough, but I would definately try to get one from the states if you know anyone planning a trip over there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

shelli, how compact does it come in the bag? If I was to try get someone bring it back from the States it would want to be neat enough (within reason of course).
    thanks for info.

Well it's not tiny, and would need to be checked in as an extra bag (even though the website says otherwise, the dimensions are listed in the link below. This is the one we bought, didn't go for the universal as it didn't seem to have as many features, we bought the leg extensions but never needed to use them.

http://www.armsreach.com/pages/shop-pv-c10-2.html

Oh, and also, we bought an extra cot mattress (not a co-sleeper brand), use it on top of the one that comes with it, it was just a cheap foam type one, but the co-sleeper one seems hard, and the extra matress pads it out and also protects the co-sleeper and keeps it in better condition.

Advertisement