Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insure a Lawnmower?

Options
  • 02-03-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I recently bought a new Honda ride-on lawnmower. When I contacted my house insurance broker to add the lawnmower to my house insurance they told me they did not insure lawnmowers.
    Can anyone tell me how/where I can get the mower insured. What I am afraid of is the lawn mower being stolen so just need insurance for that.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

mark12 wrote: »
    I recently bought a new Honda ride-on lawnmower. When I contacted my house insurance broker to add the lawnmower to my house insurance they told me they did not insure lawnmowers.
    Can anyone tell me how/where I can get the mower insured. What I am afraid of is the lawn mower being stolen so just need insurance for that.
    Thanks.

Change broker... you can insure a shed & it's contents on your house insurance with most companies. Depending on your insurance company you may need to get it certified, otherwise if there was a fire, you would not be covered for any contents in the shed.

Advertisement