Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final year group project

Options
  • 02-03-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

I'm in my final year and my year round project is a group one.

I really don't understand why lecturers decide to go with group projects in the final, most important year. To have to rely on others to get good marks for myself doesn't really make sense.

From my first batch of exams I have an average of 75% which means if I keep that level up for my second batch of exams, I'd be walking away with a 1.1

The problem is my project is going to drag that average down to a 2.1, or even lower, and it's definitely not going to be a case of getting very high marks from the project to help pull up the marks for the 1.1 I'm aiming for.

My group members are stone cold useless. They cannot do a single thing. They are always looking to me for leadership, so I suggest a clear and decisive plan of action to be achieved by a certain date. And yet every time they will come back with nothing done, or a half arsed attempt, or something completely different and pointless.

I know people will say that you have to work with people in the real world so it's good practice. If people don't pull their weight(and/or are completely under skilled)in the real world they will have some to answer to. But a student only has to answer to themselves, and a lot of them are happy to just scrape by.

Anyway, in conclusion, WHY IN GODS NAME DO I HAVE TO BE IN A GROUP OF BUMBLING, UNSKILLED MORONS.

Advertisement