Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlingford half marathon

Options
  • 02-03-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

Is anyone planning on running the half this weekend ? I am thinking of doing it, is it a good set up ? . I am penciled in to do a long run on Saturday of 13 miles so if this is worth it i'll head up so any opinions would help !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Hey

Myself and Shels are doing this (that's right shels I've been given the green light by the OH). Apparently about 200 people did it last year and it is relatively flat. I don't know of anybody else doing it. Hopefully we will bump into you at the start or finish.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Great so you finally got a pass ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Hi does anybody have more info on this race? What are the prizes etc??

I don't think there are any prizes apart for the winner who will receive a silver salver. I think there are medals for all finishers :cool:

and there I was planning on a top 3 finish to get a medal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

anyone know what the weather is like ? and if anyone is coming up from Dublin what time do ye plan on leaving the city. The ast thing I want to do is head up and have to start

I reckon it should take 1hr 40 minutes from west Dublin so planning leaving just after 7 for adequate time for registration and warm up ! It's a pity they didn't go with a 12 o'clock start

yeah 12 would have been handy, well I suppose the only thing is we will be home and hosed by 12

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Any results from this??What was it like?

It was a small well run race, First home was TheRoadRunner check out his log for race report. I'd do it again , nice route by the coast but one or two more hills then i wanted.

• Advertisement

yea small amount of people running it, and running along the coast for the few miles was tough as it was very windy. Finished in 1.33 so I was happy, hopefully will go sub 1.30 the next time out

greenplain wrote: »
    yea small amount of people running it, and running along the coast for the few miles was tough as it was very windy. Finished in 1.33 so I was happy, hopefully will go sub 1.30 the next time out
    Yep that section was hard, I was basically on my own from the start to finish, only managed to get into a group at about 3 miles but that fell apart 400 m later, maybe have been my fault..

i know it was a pain to run it by yourself. I thought I was away in a hat. I was tucked in beside a runner for the first four miles and thought great thisis a nice pace and it will be handy to run it with someone, then she blew up and I was there by myself for the rest of the race!!

greenplain wrote: »
    i know it was a pain to run it by yourself. I thought I was away in a hat. I was tucked in beside a runner for the first four miles and thought great thisis a nice pace and it will be handy to run it with someone, then she blew up and I was there by myself for the rest of the race!!
    I know what you mean, when the race started I was right at the back and was a bit worried . But passed a load of people from 3-4 miles .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Has anyone here done this race recently, or plan to do it this year? Im curious if they have chip timings, and what the setup is like now a few years after the first details in this thread. I'm looking for a half marathon to do and this fits into the calendar nicely!

http://www.runireland.com/events/carlingford-half-marathon10k-1

kingQuez wrote: »
    Has anyone here done this race recently, or plan to do it this year? Im curious if they have chip timings, and what the setup is like now a few years after the first details in this thread. I'm looking for a half marathon to do and this fits into the calendar nicely!

http://www.runireland.com/events/carlingford-half-marathon10k-1

Ah the good old Carlingford 13.3 mile :)..
    Havent actually done this in a few year now, but the course is fairly nice, some hills, was a little long the year I ran but actualyl still enjoyed the race. I'm sure its improved since.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

Ran this today - course was fair...tough start up the hills into the wind, but then some good running in beautiful countryside for the 2nd half of the race. Big PB for me of 5 mins + so a good day. One or two tweaks to the organisational side wouldn't go a miss - the race announcer didn't know where the water stations were for example. A race with potential.
    Anyone got a link for official times by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

I ran it on Saturday too. Very nice course, didn't find the hills in the first half to be a problem. Organisation could have been better, but there plenty of half marathons that cost nearly twice as much, so I wasn't expecting too much. The results are on www.championchipireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Thinking about doing this HM this year.

Are there pace runners?

Advertisement