Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 cz custom stocks

Options
  • 02-03-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Hi does anybody know where you can buy a custom stock for a .22Lr CZ zkm 452 basic rifle, preferably something with a higher comb than the standard stock or an adjustable cheek piece as i find the one on it fairly low and i dont like comb raising kits, i dont mind if its synthetic or wood

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Try John Greene I know he had some

<mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

thanks bunny shooter, i might give him a call, do you have any idea what price the stocks might be? or does anybody here have or used a gun with one to see how they feel. My gun is only used for hunting and targets on our own farm so i dont need a very elaborate stock just something more comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

You could either try your self to alter the existing stock. Or a ask a carpenter to help. By adding pieces of wood and shaping to your body you could end up with something perfect in regards to handling. Very satisfiying once it fits right.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i dono i'd be afraid of ruining the stock, dats why i'd prefer to get a new one altogether, and if i was to get a carpenter to do it it would probably work out more expensive than a new stock which would be a bit of a waste as the stock on it is the basic model with no checkering, but thanks anyway ejg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,358 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think he meant, that if you are going to replace it anyway, why not have a bash at it first. If you aren't up to it yourself, a carpenter frind might have a go for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

ormondprop wrote: »
    Hi does anybody know where you can buy a custom stock for a .22Lr CZ zkm 452 basic rifle, preferably something with a higher comb than the standard stock or an adjustable cheek piece as i find the one on it fairly low and i dont like comb raising kits, i dont mind if its synthetic or wood
    a 10 mm cheek pad just sticks on to the stock i use them on my stalking rifles ,lovely snug feel of them .about 20 euros i think.
    or change it for the silhouette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

PM sent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

ormondprop wrote: »
    if you get fixed up with a new stock I might be interested in the old one for my cz scout. Would have preferred the silhouette/style one but they seem to be almost impossible to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭syconerd

hi everyone, see this web page and he will send to Ireland as well

http://www.staffs-synthetic-stocks.com/firearms.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Try this place:

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/tactical.htm

Prices are good and they will post to Ireland. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement