Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants that have closed

Options
  • 02-03-2009 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Just heard that Gary Rhodes' restaurant on Capel Street closed a few weeks back, any others around town ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Aya behind Brown Thomas is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 formernyer

Rhodes is supposed to re-open with a new (less expensive) menu within a few months.
    RATM wrote: »
    Just heard that Gary Rhodes' restaurant on Capel Street closed a few weeks back, any others around town ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Bella Vita in Phibsboro is boarded up, a few months now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

gurramok wrote: »

That one burnt down in October, so probably nothing to do with recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

That one burnt down in October, so probably nothing to do with recession.
    You'll never guess what date in October/November it was, either.
    Very suspicious ;)

• Advertisement

I notice the Georgian Restaurant in Portobello is closed.

Seriously though, when was that last open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Dónal wrote: »
    I notice the Georgian Restaurant in Portobello is closed.

Seriously though, when was that last open?

con closed it ages ago, he has no plans to re-open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Cooper's on Leeson St. is gone. :(

They went into voluntary liquidation last month- I just found out today when I went Googling after getting a constant engaged tone on their number.

Loved that place. :(

No more Cooper fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Ste.phen wrote: »
    You'll never guess what date in October/November it was, either.
    Very suspicious ;)

What date?
    Why suspicious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

guy fawkes ?

• Advertisement

Was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

00112984 wrote: »
    No more Cooper fries.

They were epic things. Sometimes the rest of the food didn't quite live up to the fries. But it was a good spot. Just in a poor location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 thedramaticone

Fitzers on Dawson Street. When walking past it the other day I noticed some workmen inside it taking stuff out and thought it was just being refurbished, then I saw the sign on the door which said that a steakhouse is soon to open there.

I always thought it looked lovely while walking by and now I won't get a chance to try it...:(

And I'm really mourning the demise of Aya.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I always thought it looked lovely while walking by and now I won't get a chance to try it...:(

Don't be too sad, it really wasn't all that nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

gurramok wrote: »

There was a for sale sign on it for a long time.

Tbh the quality of the product out of there was a "ropey" to say the least

nice gang tho..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Fitzers on Dawson Street. When walking past it the other day I noticed some workmen inside it taking stuff out and thought it was just being refurbished, then I saw the sign on the door which said that a steakhouse is soon to open there.

And I'm really mourning the demise of Aya.

Its not closed, its now Marco Pierre White's place. Frankie's bar and grill, still owned by Fitzers.

info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 GazeeboBrown

Floridita is gone too, unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

formernyer wrote: »
    Rhodes is supposed to re-open with a new (less expensive) menu within a few months.
    I should think so,the most overpriced burger and 6 chips I've ever had was in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

ntlbell wrote: »
    There was a for sale sign on it for a long time.

Tbh the quality of the product out of there was a "ropey" to say the least

nice gang tho..

Its not the first time a place has burnt down in Phibsboro under suspusious circumstances

Irlbo wrote: »
    Its not the first time a place has burnt down in Phibsboro under suspusious circumstances

Really?? Where else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

if rumors are to be believed, kfc are after buying the bella vita. one of my mates bros is after gettin the leccy contract for refurbing the building. Leo Burdocks also went on fire but i dont think it was as serious and wasnt an inurance claim. this job to me smacks of an insurance claim seeing as the day that was in it!! thought some of the food in the place was alright although i know from selling their chocolate cake for 3 odd euro in tesco and they used to drop a bit of cream on it and sell it fot 4.50 a slice...........scam written all over it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

MINT . . .the Michelin starred place run by Dylan McGrath (?) on the Main St in Ranelagh closed a few weeks back. Never eat there but heard it was good, albeit pricey which I guess comes with the michelin star territory.

Hard luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

not gonna miss mint at all, but much worse, Nectar a few doors up in Ranelagh closed mysteriously over christmas. No better omelette and chips to be had on the south side:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

little caesars on dame street is gone a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

little caesars on dame street is gone a few weeks

That place wasn't the greatest, their food was often not hot and the service was not the best, they would practically throw the food at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Floridita is gone too, unfortunatly.

Hopefully now they'll realise the Abbey Mall is not a good spot for a bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

garbanzo wrote: »
    MINT . . .the Michelin starred place run by Dylan McGrath (?) on the Main St in Ranelagh closed a few weeks back. Never eat there but heard it was good, albeit pricey which I guess comes with the michelin star territory.

Hard luck to him.

Food might have been good but I've heard too many stories about snobby staff looking down their noses at customers in there. Once they forced my friends, who were on time for their booking, to wait outside for their table when there were clearly tables lying empty in the restaurant! That's just not acceptable ever.

Won't miss a place like that to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭seasam

Dustaz wrote: »
    not gonna miss mint at all, but much worse, Nectar a few doors up in Ranelagh closed mysteriously over christmas. No better omelette and chips to be had on the south side:(

Passed Nectar this morning and it looks like a new place is opening there soon Good news

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wild Lily's in Rathmines seems to have been closed since the start of the year. Pity because it was nice to have a small place nearby but it was a teeny bit pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

00112984 wrote: »

They went into voluntary liquidation last month- I just found out today when I went Googling after getting a constant engaged tone on their number.

Loved that place. :(

No more Cooper fries.

No way! Had one of the best NYE's there a couple of years ago.

Their surf & turf was awsome!

Advertisement